Author Topic: Pine Hill Hotel and Reef Bar  (Read 4044 times)

Offline Melek abli

Pine Hill Hotel and Reef Bar
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2008, 20:23:00 PM »
I was under the impression that people just looked at the topic they were interested in so posted it on all relevant places so everyone could see it. And what a rude person you are to suggest that what I had to say was added to dormant topics. I jus tried to put things that I thought new people might like to know when they joined like I did. Dormant or not, some of the info was still useful to me if not being recently discussed. I was so looking forward to sharing things I knew and being useful to others and to picking peoples brains to help me too. HEY HO. Seems there are rules that no one informed of.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2008, 20:30:18 PM »
What a rude person I am? You should wait till I put a bit of effort into it. I think you might find it was you that was rude.

It is NOT rude to say that what you had to say was added to dormant topics. The topics died over 6 months ago! That isn't 'rude' that is a fact. You are quite correct that all information and experiences are welcome and helpful - but you don't have to put everyone through it 5 times - trust me, once is enough and if people are interested they will have no trouble finding it.

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2008, 20:32:37 PM »
it's only common sense Melek, most people have their settings on Active topics, so when you log on it will show all the topics that have appeared since you were last on, the last thing myself or any other member wants is five topics with the same post on.
Just post your good information on the most relevant forum and we will find it I promise.

Tinx

Offline busybee

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2008, 21:48:04 PM »
Well Scunner some good has come out of this. So glad this little barney has taken place as I never knew about active topics - now I wont have to trawl thru all the headings to find the latest posts - I'm still a computer novice and learning all the time - Busybee.

Offline heather07

• Perth, UK
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2008, 22:48:05 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Melek abli

Thanks Heather, thats exactly how it is! not sure I will continue to be enthusiastic mind you. Seems that this is a glorified chat room and its leader is having a bit of a power trip! Genuine news being posted by genuine person! don't know why I bothered. Thought this was a place to give and recieve useful info. seemingly only as it suits certain people.

You are right about the PH and what you say but you are wrong about the Forum.
Scunner is the leader and he is also the guy who pays the bandwidth.  In the past there have been people who have come on and used the site for free adverts.  Unfortunately on being caught out they have become defensive and /or abusive then disappeared.
If you are genuine prove it by being yourself -- an enthusiastic holiday maker with something to contribute.  The rubbish on the beach in Calis hasn't been covered this week:D

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2008, 23:15:58 PM »
For the record I didn't delete any of them because I thought it was advertising, I deleted them because they were copy & pastes (again and again) of the same thing, which people simply don't want to click on and see again and again.

The actual content came across to me as a fairly genuine account of a place someone is genuinely fond of and wanted to share. I feel it was the fairly indiscriminate reposting that gave people the impression it was 'too good to be true' and led them to think of it as advertising.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf