Author Topic: Hisaronu Carnival  (Read 6586 times)

Offline turkeylad

Hisaronu Carnival
« on: May 10, 2008, 19:07:35 PM »
Does anyone know the date of the Hisaronu Carnival and have the organisers of the excellent events planned for the Calis carnival had any discussions with whoever organises the Hisaronu carnival to ensure the events dont clash - it would be a great shame if they did.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Hisaronu Carnival
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2008, 20:22:22 PM »
They said they'll hold it any lunchtime that you're free ! :D
« Last Edit: May 10, 2008, 20:22:59 PM by KKOB »

Offline turkeylad

Hisaronu Carnival
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2008, 21:28:22 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by KayaKoyuOldBoy

They said they'll hold it any lunchtime that you're free ! :D

Another 'Bright spark'!! My request was for genuine information.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
Hisaronu Carnival
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2008, 06:43:35 AM »
Hisaronu Carnival will be held on 30th May.

Apparently, they've got an international group appearing on stage as a finale to the show.

Rumour has it that it 's ................................BONEY M !

Let's hope that they've finally got their lip-synch problems sorted out.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2008, 06:51:05 AM by KKOB »

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
Hisaronu Carnival
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2008, 10:44:19 AM »
Hope they don't have to pay excess baggage on their zimmer frames.:D

Offline baklavalover

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2008, 16:37:06 PM »
I bet we all remember the words to By the River of Babylon and Ra Ra Rasputin !!!
How funny - Boney M sunk that low huh ?  I have said for a while that the Costa del Sol is full....we get the left over scammers looking for a cheap life in the sun and now the left over bands with nowhere else to work.

Offline sooty

Hisaronu Carnival
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2008, 11:30:47 AM »
Can anyone clarify that the Hisaronu Carnival is on 30th May as stated above, I have heard it is actually on the 6th June does anyone know for certain.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
Hisaronu Carnival
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2008, 13:05:14 PM »
Sorry, my original info came from a much less reliable forum than this one ! :D

Banners are now up saying it's to be held on 6th June.

Obviously, Boney M must have been double booked! ;)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2008, 13:08:37 PM by KKOB »

Offline minimoo

Hisaronu Carnival
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2008, 05:42:14 AM »
Yea aparrently Boney M will be performing in the Ukraine on 30th May, which is why the carnival has been put back by 1 week.

Offline Pi55y

Hisaronu Carnival
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2008, 16:45:25 PM »
Turkeylad, when we first came up with the idea of a carnival for Calis we had originally hoped to hold it on 31 May but when we met with the Mayor early last year, he said that the Hisaronu Carnival was now fixed for the 30 May every year and he did not want the two to clash. He suggested we held it the following Saturday, 7 June,  and all of our arrangements and planning has been based on this date.

Up until last week this was fine. However we have also since learned that Hisaronu have suddenly changed their date to Friday 6 June. This happened with less than two weeks to go before their event to accommodate the possible booking of Boney M.

We are disappointed that this has happened but there is little that we can do about it. However as the two events are so very,very different in content - Calis is a day for the whole of the family and incorporates an exhibition, craft demonstrations, a big fancy dress parade with hundreds of local schoolchildren taking part as well as decorated floats from local businesses and organisations and a free evening concert showcasing the best of local talent (12 acts to date English,Turkish and Canadian) -  we hope that this will not cause us a problem and that both events will be well supported.

We really look forward to anyone from the Hisaronu area attending our first ever Calis Carnival and hope that you enjoy yourselves.

By the way beacuse we are expecting a lot of people throughout the day and evening, to ease parking in the seafront area (particularly as the road from the dolphin roundabout to the Calis Boat office will be closed to vehicles all day Saturday), the Belediye have arranged a "Park and Ride" Scheme. There will be free parking in the Gunlukbasi Sunday market area and the Dolmus Co-operative are kindly running a free dolmus shuttle service between the parking area and the Dolphin roundabout, from 11 am to the end of the evening concert.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf