Author Topic: Shop in Hisaronu  (Read 1924 times)

Offline tylerbabe

Shop in Hisaronu
« on: July 12, 2008, 08:38:05 AM »
Be careful a tourist bought a handbag paid by credit card about £100 for the bag discovered later his receipt read £1000 went to the Police they sorted it always check your receipts do not know the name of the shop yet will post when I find out.:-\

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Shop in Hisaronu
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2008, 09:48:05 AM »
What a shocking story. Not the scam, the fact that people pay even £100 for a handbag in Hisaronu  ;)

I've heard of this a few times. Does anyone know if there is a way to complain to visa/mastercard direct? I'm sure the facility would be removed if the same establishment was reported for the same scam a few times...

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
Shop in Hisaronu
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2008, 09:59:23 AM »
It happened to us,  It was a handbag shop next to Big Brother.  I don't think it is there now, but maybe still in the area. SO a cheapo handbag almost cost me a fortune.  Luckily DH realised and they had a right old job sorting it out.  But we didn't care how long it took.  They were 'genuinely' sorry but now I wonder if it is a hobby of theirs.  Especially in the evening when they assume people have had a drink and are more relaxed.

Offline Simon and Ruby

Shop in Hisaronu
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2008, 10:53:44 AM »
If you pay by credit card and you find there is any kind of problem with the retailer, you can lodge what they call a 'chargeback' against the retailer with your credit card company. If the retailer fails to sort the problem out or issues a credit of their own free will, then the credit card company can take the money back from the retailer and credit the money to your account. I always find it amusing how quickly problems can be resolved when you threaten to make a chargeback against a retailer. I guess if the retailer gets too many chargebacks, then their merchant account would be suspended so they could no longer accept credit cards.

Talking about overcharging, a friend of mine was in Andorra last week and stopped for a coffee and got presented with a bill for 842 Euros!! :P They apologised and gave him the correct bill!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf