Author Topic: Anatolian Restaurant  (Read 3574 times)

Offline Doyleyman

Anatolian Restaurant
« on: September 30, 2008, 16:39:06 PM »
Just a quick post to let you know about a fantastic restaurant above Hustlers Bar (nextto Festival Restaurant.

Its called the "Anatolian Restaurant" and it served some of the most authentic and best turkish food I have had for a long time.

The food was served with a great deal of skill and a high level of service and enthusiasm.

It didn't seem overly packed and I think it may be new this year.

Prices very reasonable as well

Offline Diverbaz 1

Anatolian Restaurant
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2008, 19:21:02 PM »
IMHO, You may not be a new member,(member since 2003) but no introduction as yet, only 2 posts, 1 telling people not to use the Shine Indian restaurant in Calis, even though you have not been there, but basing your comment on your numerous occassions of being short changed in the Shine in Hisoronu. Many prople would not have gone back after the first instance.

Your second post sounds like that of someone who has an interest in the Anatolian restaurant.

Why wait 5 years to post?

Baz 8)

Offline Doyleyman

Anatolian Restaurant
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2008, 21:10:55 PM »
Yes you are correct Baz, I have been a member since 2003.

Firstly, I do not post as often as other people only when something is worth commenting on, either good or bad, as was the case in relation to the Shine in my previous post.

Secondly, I did not know there was a pre requisite for the number of submissions required to be a member i.e.417 posts in 12 months

Thirdly, I joined the forum as one of the first memebers when Keith was trying to get it off the ground and introduced myself on a one to one basis, so I do not feel the need to do a retro introduction everytime a new member such as yourself joins.

Fourthly, I do not have any personal interest in this Restaurant other than the fact that that I wanted to compliment the establishement in the same way one would leave a tip.

And finally it is so sad to see a knee jerk negative response everytime someone innocently posts a comment in good faith.

I expect you will probably have another pop when I post another comment in 2010.

Kind Regards and best wishes

Offline Diverbaz 1

Anatolian Restaurant
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2008, 21:40:42 PM »
This is the link to the introduction I refered to, not a hello Keith type of intro. Alhough not a new member it is only courtsey to let other members know a bit about yourself with your first post.

http://www.calis-beach.co.uk/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=16

I also originally joined in 2003, but forgot my password so reregistered last year.

I did not mention any pre requisite for posting, but with now 3 posts in 5 years you really are helping Keith to keep the board alive.

In 5 years you have only found 1 good and 1 bad restaurant and nothing else worth commenting on, you must be really blessed with your lifestyle.

Baz 8)

Offline Doyleyman

Anatolian Restaurant
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2008, 21:58:00 PM »
Thanks Baz

Its been a pleasure.

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
Anatolian Restaurant
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2008, 22:06:40 PM »
I don't see what the issue is here. The intro section does say that it is not necessary to post if you don't want to. Surely he can post as many times as he likes.

Offline Doyleyman

Anatolian Restaurant
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2008, 22:19:35 PM »
Thanks for your reply, its nice to know there is someone with their sensible head on.

It was just a harmless well intentioned post that someone feels the need to jump on.

Its part of the reason why I and many other people are not so forthcoming with posts to support the forum when they see this type of personal attack.

Offline amanda bullock

Anatolian Restaurant
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2008, 22:20:49 PM »
:D

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
Anatolian Restaurant
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2008, 22:32:25 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by amanda bullock

:D

I don't know what you are smiling at!

Offline Jukebox

• Leeds, UK
  • Prolific Member
Anatolian Restaurant
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2008, 22:35:34 PM »
I've just re read Doyleymans first post on this thread  and I cant see what the issue is?

He was just giving a write up on a restaurant?

I gave a similar review of IL Fiore restaurant in Fethiye the other week, no one suggested afterwards that I had a stake in it.

Look forward to reading your next post but dont leave it so long next time! :D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf