Author Topic: here we go again.  (Read 1334 times)

Offline geordieboy

here we go again.
« on: May 13, 2009, 05:18:24 AM »
Just thought I'de air my views on a subject I can whine for hours about,
hiking the prices for the arrival of the tourists,and in particular the price of drinks.I know the majority of the Brits come over here for the culture,weather etc  :),but they have been known to pop in a bar to quench their thirst.
First of all I'de like to state that I do'nt mind paying the extra price on a bottle of beer if the increase is government or brewery policy,but what gets me going is when I go into a bar that I and  lot of residents keep alive during the winter,to be informed that the price has increased overnight,just because you bloody lot have arrived. :).
I bet you're thinking what an awful man,what a selfish attitude,to a point true,however when I see kids drinking coke at 3 tl plus a shot when you can buy it by the gallon in the local markets my blood boils.
It seems that up here in hillbilly country that bars are not allowed to display drink prices on the board outside,so if you go into a bar ask the prices before you quench your thirst,otherwise you may need a drink when the bill arrives.
Anyway when you depart back to blighty spare a thought for us poor buggers who live here and have to pay the inflated prices you've inflicted upon us.
While you're here have a nice time,spend all your hard earned brass,but please,next year go somewhere else,I hear Outer Mongolia is quite pleasant.[ only joking].: :).

Offline snowtop

here we go again.
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2009, 19:12:45 PM »
As i am writing, Mimosa & Anna's bar, 2TL for a large draught beer. Gotta be good.

Offline mike A

• Prolific Member
here we go again.
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2009, 19:23:53 PM »
My heart bleeds for you  ;)
why don't you stock up through the winter. 8)

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
here we go again.
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2009, 19:36:51 PM »
 :)the bar up the beach only charges 2lira for a large bottle of EFES,Not bad, but I dont understand why the other bars say this is not possible, do they all buy from the same place, I agree that the soft drinks are over the top, when you consider how many cokes you can get from a large bottle, or juice from a large carton, it is more expensive than home now,

Offline c1

• Northampton, UK
here we go again.
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2009, 22:50:22 PM »
tourist season, bar owner can smell mugs better than a great white can smell blood

Offline FrankStanley

here we go again.
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2009, 23:15:10 PM »
as a fellow geordie (born in walker) its sounds like your on the gravy train. My memories
of newcastle would make outer  mongolia sound inviting

Offline geordieboy

here we go again.
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2009, 05:17:53 AM »
According to the British tourist media Turkey,along with Bulgaria,is top of the list for value for money holiday destinations,good,it all helps in giving Turkey's ailing economy a much needed boost.
It also gives the Turkish tourist board a golden opportunity in bringing in some sort of fair pricing scheme to stop people from being ripped off,if newcomers to Turkey feel they are getting a good deal they'll come back.
The only pricing policy I see every year is a meeting of local bar owners huddled in the corner of a bar fixing the prices for the season.
My argument stands,if I was in a bar last week and a bottle of grog was 3tl,why should I go in the same bar this week and pay 4tl.
I know that compared to English prices you are still getting a good deal,but I'me afraid a lot of bars and restaurants will kill the golden goose,I'll take pains to point out that these are in the minority,at the present time.

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
here we go again.
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2009, 06:08:47 AM »
Live in a tourist area - pay the price.

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
here we go again.
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2009, 12:00:36 PM »
I think we need Starman back on here to remind people how cheap Efes is in the South West tourist areas. I doubt you could find beer at less than 4TL in Istanbul and most places are a lot more. Starman reckons 10TL is more like the norm.

Offline tonyb

here we go again.
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2009, 15:27:25 PM »
Bar owners are the same all over,but we've always got a choice, haven't we, can always sniff a cheaper bar out!!The guy at the beach front(Gunes Hotel) only charges 2tl.What I've never been able to get my head round is why youngsters will pay 8 quid for 2 bottles of that American P*SS,but if they got charged £8 for a pint of draught they'd go ape.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf