Author Topic: Dongle in Fethiye  (Read 9203 times)

Offline kevin b

Dongle in Fethiye
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2009, 18:29:41 PM »
this is turkcell in turkey not vodaphone in uk & it is payg so when you use your megs you do not get access so no bills.

Offline welshbrickie

Dongle in Fethiye
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2009, 20:12:13 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by kevin b

this is turkcell in turkey not vodaphone in uk & it is payg so when you use your megs you do not get access so no bills.

Well we didnt use up the allowed mb for the month according to the meter but still recieved massive bills

Offline Woodies

Dongle in Fethiye
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2009, 22:08:48 PM »
Be very careful of this Turkcell dongle. We purchased one of the 1st ones available when in Turkey in July, and it worked great for the 1st month. Thats when the troubles began. If you use your 4gb allowance within your month, and attempt to top up your dongle, all that will happen, is that you are purchasing extra usage for the the time left, before the ongoing monthly usage package expires, and you have to renew. In other words, this dongle you have purchased, lasts one month at a time. You then pay 49tl to again renew the contract/keep your contract number with Turkcell. If as said before you use up your 4gb usage allowance within the month, you pay additional funds via a mobile phone to (you think) top up this account. Turkcell will only allow you to renew each month, top ups are permitted, but at an extortianate rate. For example 100tl will not even last a day!! and that is with normal internet usage of 1hr per day. You have been warned.

Offline Tykatem

• Norfolk, UK
Dongle in Fethiye
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2010, 16:49:01 PM »
Has anyone got an update as to the success or otherwise of using Dongles in Turkey?

Pete

Offline kevin b

Dongle in Fethiye
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2010, 17:05:08 PM »
no problem at all with mine in 3 months.

Offline janincalis

Dongle in Fethiye
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2010, 10:26:01 AM »
Im really happy with my tcell dongle 5 months on-))))

Offline tonysue

Dongle in Fethiye
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2010, 10:59:29 AM »
So how much does the PAYG dongle cost to buy, how much to run it per month and what allowance do you get? thanks in advance. :)

Offline kevin b

Dongle in Fethiye
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2010, 14:07:59 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by tonysue

So how much does the PAYG dongle cost to buy, how much to run it per month and what allowance do you get? thanks in advance. :)

If you go to the begining of the thread I gave all the info you require there ;)

Offline Colbern

Dongle in Fethiye
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2010, 13:19:34 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by kevin b

We got a dongle today so will now be back on forum more rather than rely on bars internet.
The dongle is from Turkcell & dongle cost 140tl special offer,10tl for sim card,49tl for 4gb valid for 1 month & 5tl for registration if anyone is interested in one.
Vodaphone have none on stock but they were 99tl for dongle,15tl for sim,5tl for registration with 3 months access free with 1 mb limit then 35tl per month.Both dongles on payg.
Both shops oppsite new mosque on oneway system.

Hello Kevin,
Can you give me a more detailed location for the Turkcell shop please? I am staying in Gunlukbasi at the end of this month and would like to try a PAYG broadband dongle. Thank you. Tony.

Offline kevin b

Dongle in Fethiye
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2010, 14:09:20 PM »
If you go along the main road in Fethiye past the Tuesday market site heading towards town,head for the new mosque it's on the left of road.opposite the mosque there are some shops you want the 3rd turkcell shop(large one) it is the only turkcell that does the dongle.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf