Author Topic: Turkish Army Coup  (Read 2781 times)

Offline crazydave

Turkish Army Coup
« on: February 24, 2010, 18:01:48 PM »
Just been reading about these Turkish army officers who have been arrested for attempting to overthrow the goverment,according to them Turkey is in a serious situation,got the info from yahoo home page by clicking on the Telegraph Newspaper,just wondering if they could pop over to england and sort them buggers out in London.

Offline captainjon

• Ignore - Total Dickhead
Turkish Army Coup
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 18:11:03 PM »
If Turkish politics are of interest down load the Hurryet news paper in english.This is one of the few independant newspapers left.The situation between the government,  the Army and the Judiciary is certainly getting very tense

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Turkish Army Coup
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2010, 08:54:50 AM »
Yes this is quite correct. The current tension between army and government is relatively recent, with it only starting 50 years ago :D

Offline c1

• Northampton, UK
Turkish Army Coup
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2010, 09:27:13 AM »
it would seem the lawyers are in on the act as well, aren't they always.

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Turkish Army Coup
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2010, 11:14:10 AM »
Al Jazeera English devoted virtually the whole of last nights viewing to the current situation here in Turkey. I am sure they repeat Inside Story and Riz Khan in the week so it might be worth checking on Sky in the UK if you are interested.

Offline nuttybird

Turkish Army Coup
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2010, 11:34:51 AM »
Hi all im interested in readying about this in the Hurryet but I can not seem to download into English, can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks Anna.

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Turkish Army Coup
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2010, 11:54:45 AM »

Offline nuttybird

Turkish Army Coup
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2010, 11:58:24 AM »
Thanks Nichola x

Offline bigvic

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2010, 12:34:13 PM »
Dikkat! I am of the opinion that this is a very delicate subject to be voicing an opinion on..my doctor say's i'm paranoid,well he didn't actually say it,but i know that was what the tw*t was thinking!!!!

Offline Kapitan

Turkish Army Coup
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2010, 10:00:07 AM »
Hi ppl,

First of all Hurriyet is not independent, owned by one of the biggest media boss of Turkey who has National TV channels, Satellite platform, news papers and magazines I cant even count. I don't know if there is any independent newspaper left in Turkey, probably only "Cumhuriyet" newspaper we have.

Let me try to explain what is happening between the Army and the Government. Turkish Army (TSK) is one of is kind as it is the only Army in the world that is protecting republic and the democrasy because Ataturk was an officer in TSK. So they take it as a duty to protect what he founded.

The so called "elected" president now has put his people among all the levels of the government. Each day passes by, Turkey is losing what was set 86 years ago and moving towards being a more islamic and totalitarian regime. The people in charge knows that the two barriers on their road is TSK and people following Ataturk in Supreme Court of Appeals . So they are eroding both of them.

What you are seing in the news is simply this story and there is no single TV channel or newspapaer among Cumhuriyet asking questions about what is happening.

Anything in your mind? I'll be willing to answer.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf