Author Topic: New roads tax  (Read 2881 times)

Offline onefurtheroad

New roads tax
« on: April 03, 2010, 20:23:37 PM »
At the risk of being very unpopular......Has anyone managed to work out a formula as to how much you have to pay for the new roads tax in relation to the value of your property?
Please dont start the old, Turkish dont/Brits do, argument. I dont believe it and I'm not interested in it. I just want a rough idea of how much I have to pay.

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
New roads tax
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2010, 21:07:50 PM »
you might find some useful information in this topic

{A Link to an old CBF topic was here - no longer available}33937

Offline onefurtheroad

New roads tax
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2010, 10:46:04 AM »
Thanks Nichola.
Coming out the week after next and will be visiting you for the 1st time.

Offline tonysue

New roads tax
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2010, 11:11:29 AM »
I dont know if there is a formula, you will have to go to the belediye with your tapu and they will tell you how much to pay. your management company , if you have one, will do it for you if you ask them.

Offline julesbob0303

New roads tax
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2010, 14:00:14 PM »
We paid ours last week.  Looking back, it was a really funny experience, but not at the time!!!   :o

We had heard all sorts of rumours about how much to expect to pay, ranging from £100 up to £1000, depending on the size of your property, what the road is like outside (block paved, tarmac'd or dusty surface!) and whether or not you're on a main road etc.   :-\

We took about £500 with us in Turkish lira, and handed over last year's council tax receipt, along with our tapu (which they never even glanced at).  The guy in the office took the last bill, tapped in a few things, glared at us, then disappeared into the back office.  There were three other people in there, and they passed round the old bill, pointing and muttering, and kept looking back at us.  One lady began typing into her computer!!  To say I was worried about what was going on was an understatement!!  We felt like criminals!   8) :o[8)]

Anyway, eventually the original guy emerged and after a few more agonising minutes, with him tapping away into his computer, he asked us for 378 lira.  I asked if this included the road tax and he said yes, and the year's council tax.   :)

We were really pleased with this as we expected it to be much more, though the "road" outside our apartment is little more than a lane, which has had some dusty chippings thrown down!  Apparently, this is a one off payment.  

You never know, one day, we may even get some block paving outside our apartment!  But I wont hold my breath!!  :D

I think you need to go in with an open mind.  There are an awful lot of rumours flying about with regards to the amount you have to pay.  We have two names on our tapu, and I'm not sure whether we would only have had to pay half if only one of our names were on the tapu [?]

By the way, our house in the UK is also down a ricketty old lane, that needs re-surfacing (but will probably never be done) and we are paying £130 a month council tax (for a mid-terraced property)!!!  It sort of puts the amount we paid for road tax bill in Calis into perspective - hence us being very pleased with 378 lira!   :)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 14:05:48 PM by julesbob0303 »

Offline onefurtheroad

New roads tax
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2010, 18:33:49 PM »
Thanks Susan and Julie.
I am going over next week and will find out then.
I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed till then that it's not too much.
Kenny

Offline peter16

New roads tax
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2010, 11:50:05 AM »
Yes, Julesbob0303 two names = two payments, payments of council tax, municipal improvements etc. are priced as for a single person and go up according to number of names on tapu, unfortunately we also have two names on ours.

Offline Diverbaz 1

New roads tax
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2010, 13:01:23 PM »

quote:
Yes, Julesbob0303 two names = two payments, payments of council tax, municipal improvements etc. are priced as for a single person and go up according to number of names on tapu

No it doesn't, 2 names, half each. If you have paid more, YOU have been ripped off.

Offline ladydiver

New roads tax
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2010, 13:08:24 PM »
The amount of this Road Tax that you pay depends on the value of your property at the time your received your tapu.  As Diver Baz says 2 or more names the Tax is split between the number not each.
:D

Offline julesbob0303

New roads tax
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2010, 13:57:28 PM »
Thanks Mr & Mrs Baz for your replies!  As I said in my earlier post, we were pleased with what we had to pay and guessed that the amount had been shared between the two of us, as we had both names on the tapu.   :)

As has been said on cbf time and time again, don't listen to rumours about how much you should be paying.  Just go with an open mind and find out for yourself.  I've yet to read of anyone who has been mortified with what they had to pay (get ready, Keith!!   :o )  

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf