Author Topic: Ash cloud on the move again!!!  (Read 3502 times)

Offline sunlover

Ash cloud on the move again!!!
« on: May 09, 2010, 09:35:22 AM »
We are watching the news on this as we are due to arrive in just 12 days time now and we see the Ash cloud is moving across Europe now...

Hopefully it does not move across the UK and Europe altogether!!! as we and many others will not be flying out...

Packing will be waiting until last minute i think...otherwise we will be excited and then dissapointed!!!

sunlover

Offline reggie

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2010, 09:43:27 AM »
im worried as well, just my luck the airports will stop flying when i fly to turkey. fingers crossed :)

Offline sunlover

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2010, 09:47:15 AM »
Reggie,

Not only are our fingers crossed we have everything crossed we can cross :o :o!!!!!!!

sunlover

Offline littlereddevil

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2010, 13:29:00 PM »
Yes caused us to sit in Dalaman for 6 hours last night. Very boring, we went in that awful cip lounge just for the awful soft drinks and awful snacks but got to use the internet,although it has limited access to many sites. We have been before and it really is crap but we felt it was the best option. Got thrown out after 3 hours though!

Offline heather07

• Perth, UK
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2010, 14:04:56 PM »
Just back from Northern Cyprus and had no trouble with delays.  
One of the cabin crew said that when Glasgow closed last week that the folk were bussed down to Newcastle and flown from there.         They are expecting disruption but I think the holiday companies will try their best to get folk flying.

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2010, 19:58:15 PM »
Some of our family have been cancelled for the 2nd time, amd others are due to fly to Turkey tomorrow, looks unlikely now though,they are putting plan B in situ for Devon,

Offline Grumpy George

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2010, 21:00:46 PM »
We like many others are due to fly out to Dalaman on 22nd May and keeping an eye on the current situation and keeping everything  crossed.Been looking at the Met Office website and they now show Volcanic ash forcast charts which  give an indication of where the ash cloud is likely to be over a 5 day period.  This is still subject to wind changes that can be unpredictable and is only to be used as a guide.Like many others we just want to be sat in a pleasant restaurant  enjoying one of those Calis sunsets. Hope it soon clears and northern airports resume services soon.

Offline crazydave

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2010, 21:09:48 PM »
No need to panic it will be ok when the dust settles,well thats what my dad always told me,my mate was hit on the head today by a box of fishfingers he reckons its from the ICELAND Fallout

Offline Grumpy George

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2010, 21:17:41 PM »
Thanks Woody will wait till the dust settles . In the mean time went to Iceland yesterday to buy a pizza for my tea. When I went to pay with my card the cashier asked me if I wanted any ash back!

Offline Robw

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2010, 06:31:14 AM »

Ive just come back from Luton now and all flights are cancelled.

The problem is people still need to go to the airport and check in or the Airlines are pulling a fast one and saying you didnt turn up so you have lost any compensation etc.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf