Author Topic: baby milk and food  (Read 1472 times)

Offline debs16

baby milk and food
« on: April 30, 2011, 23:46:00 PM »
Hi i hope someone can help,we are traveling to Dalaman airport in 3 weeks with our 10 month old grandson,what is the situation in regards to taking the small ready made up cartons of milk, drinks,and food etc through customs,we have an early flight so will need to feed the baby at the airport,
Thankyou   Deb

Offline dycedon

baby milk and food
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2011, 06:37:20 AM »
Should not be a problem, we have done it in the past, they might ask you to taste the milk etc. but i doubt it very much.

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
baby milk and food
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2011, 07:39:23 AM »
Baby food and baby milk

You are allowed to take baby food, baby milk and sterilised water in your hand baggage. This includes:

...soya milk for babies
...sterilised water for the baby (must be in a baby bottle)
...formula, breast milk or cow milk specifically for babies
...baby food of various consistencies

You are allowed to take enough for the journey. In some cases this may be over 100ml. The adult carrying the baby food or milk may be asked to verify it by tasting.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 08:43:02 AM by Gorgeous_bird »

Offline booo

baby milk and food
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2011, 07:41:40 AM »
If you take the cartons they will make you open them in the UK airport but if you can order baby milk to be collected from Boots in the departure lounge. They also make you test the bottles of milk on the back of your hand. Not sure about the food but I think they might make you taste it but I think this can be ordered from Boots too  :)
They are a bit more relaxed at Dalaman, they let me take a bottle of water and bottles through security last time.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
baby milk and food
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2011, 10:29:07 AM »
Last September we were going through the search area in Aberdeen Airport and a young couple with a toddler and a baby were in front of us.  When we were recovering our bag, belts, watches etc., we saw the young mother getting out three made up bottles of milk.  The security guy asked her to open one and drink some of it.  She did and he allowed them through.

Offline debs16

baby milk and food
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2011, 10:45:26 AM »
thankyou so much for all your replies

Offline karen

baby milk and food
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2011, 23:40:25 PM »
hi debs you should be able to take juice too as long as it is in a childs style cup!! I once took some for my daughter in a coke cola sports bottle and they emptied it and gave me the bottle back, then informed me if it had been in something like a disney bottle it would of been ok!!! I always remember that now.
I always take about 3 to 4 bottles of milk and taste them if they ask me to, I don't think they could argue that you need to take enough incase you are delayed.
And yes you should be able to pre order some cartons from boots should you need them.

Take formula with you its very expensive turkey.

Or if on normal milk take some nesquik milkshake powder to disguise the different taste just incase the little one doesn't like it this was my health visitors advise.

nappies similar price to home so my advice would be too not pack many and buy them there don't waste all your weight allowance.

hope this helps

karen

Offline booo

baby milk and food
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2011, 06:30:06 AM »
I just flew a few days ago and didnt even have to taste the milk or water in the bottles!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf