Author Topic: A flagrant breach of natural justice  (Read 1248 times)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
A flagrant breach of natural justice
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2011, 16:55:39 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by KKOB

Lessons might also be learnt.  ;)

:D:D:DBet you enjoyed that my learned friend (I would have :))

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
A flagrant breach of natural justice
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2011, 12:19:34 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by KKOB

Actually it was a Government Minister, Ed Balls-up, announcing publicly that she'd been sacked that gave her good grounds for the appeal.

"The court was severely critical of Balls's handling of the case, and sent out a clear message that politicians could not ignore "elementary fairness" when dealing with public servants at the centre of controversy"........

Yes but it was the local council, as her employer, who sacked her. They did not have to take any notice of a statement from Balls.  They had every chance of following their own own employment policies, but they did not do so and so all the problems we now have fall at the feet of the local council.  This sacking is just another example of their  own managerial weaknesses that have been self-evident right throughout this sad case.

What I would say is that I do not support ministers interferring in day to day 'operational' matters. It is not suppossed to happen, and generally when it does - particularly in police and military matters - it usually ends up a mess.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf