Author Topic: NEW step by Step guide on how to do your residence  (Read 3795 times)

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
NEW step by Step guide on how to do your residence
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2012, 07:05:21 AM »
Wouldn't it be just as easy to return (whenever) after January on a tourist visa? As far as I'm aware, the process for renewal of residency is the same for the initial application, the only difference being that you can reuse your "blue" book, provided that you haven't already got 3 x renewal stamps in there
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 07:05:41 AM by Liz 101 »

Offline braveheart

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2012, 07:13:25 AM »
Yes Liz could probably do that - do you have any idea if your Kimlik number would change if I broke RP continuity and would I be given a new number with 2nd RP - or once you are given your number does it stays with you throughout?

The reason I ask is that this number is tied in with my motorcycle insurance applications  

quote:
Originally posted by Liz 101

Wouldn't it be just as easy to return (whenever) after January on a tourist visa? As far as I'm aware, the process for renewal of residency is the same for the initial application, the only difference being that you can reuse your "blue" book, provided that you haven't already got 3 x renewal stamps in there

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2012, 08:38:59 AM »
The kimlik no is similar to an NI no back in the UK, so stays with you from "cradle to grave"

Offline braveheart

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2012, 15:31:46 PM »
thank you very much liz - appreciated

Offline Marg

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2012, 19:15:25 PM »
We are out for the first time this year on Sunday for 2 weeks and would like to apply for residency. Can anyone tell me if we will have to relinquish our passports?

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2012, 22:21:50 PM »
Yes you do Marg, the passport police had mine for about 7 working days whilst my residency was being processed

Offline Marg

« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2012, 16:49:32 PM »
Thanks Liz. It looks as if it may be a bit risky trying to do it in a fortnight? Would they rush it through if we said we had return flights booked do you think? Am I right in thinking that we can't apply when we are ouy in May for 3 weeks as it will be in the middle of our visa?
Just another thought- what checks are in place to stop people from buying a second visa before the first one has run out??

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf