Author Topic: Travel Insurance With Health Declarations  (Read 1630 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Travel Insurance With Health Declarations
« on: July 10, 2011, 17:37:47 PM »
I was looking for annual travel insurance for the family and I have to declare a previous health issue which is fairly dormant now and not much of a health issue to me. I'm in a fairly healthy state (especially for someone who is dead).

Anyway, I got a quote from o2 who happened to send me a text offering this service (as my moby is on o2). It's a long winded process, have you ever had your head cut off, have you had your head cut off in the last 12 months, how many times in the last 5 years have you had your head cut off, you get the idea.

Final quote: £70.50 - to cover family and Mr C for everything except the declared health matters. To also be covered for the declared health matters, add £85.50. Total: £156.00

Decided to try a few others. How about this - American Express: The declaration process is *exactly* the one on the o2 system, word for word.

Annual family travel insurance: £45.41. Cover for declared health matters: £0.00 (included).

One hell of a difference  :)

Offline marina

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2011, 19:49:38 PM »
Blimey, that's cheap!  We have an annual policy for the two of us, medical conditions declared, with Nationwide which we've had for a few years now.  When it was due for renewal in April I looked round for something cheaper but everything I found was a lot more expensive than the Nationwide one we'd been quoted so I stuck with it.  Think it was about £96.  

Will have to remember American Express for next time and see what they come up with!

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2011, 20:29:01 PM »
Thanks Keith
Will check it out when it's time to renew

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf