Author Topic: Sunset Beach Club or not?  (Read 3228 times)

Offline Springfield

Sunset Beach Club or not?
« on: August 16, 2011, 18:06:44 PM »
Hi to everyone ....my wife and myself have been to Calis on three occasions now and have eventually convinced some family to join us next year.

We will require three or perhaps four apartments in the same complex and this seems to be the only one I can find with lots of properties available?

My questions are:

Is this location the best option for us and I do know it is a bit along the beach heading away from the main street /water taxi's etc but exactly how far is it? As ideally I would like to be quite close to most places?

Or does anyone have any alternatives they could suggest?

Finally apologies if I have put this in the wrong section please feel free to move it on to wherever it belongs.

Many thanks in advance for your response.

S.

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 18:24:59 PM »
It really is far out and not near the main part of Calis. However, the complex is lovely but a fair hike along the coast.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 18:26:56 PM by Toky »

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 18:30:47 PM »

Offline DianaJ

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2011, 18:31:58 PM »
Maybe I could be a slight biased as I own a 2bed apartment on Sunset Beach Club and this year my family & 3 other groups of my extended family stayed at Sunset for 2 weeks. It all worked out really well and everyone had a great time (no complaints). From the main street /water taxis it is a good 20/30 minute walk but they are lots of really good restaurants at the end of the prom closer to Sunset. Sunset also has its own restaurant although a little more expensive than others in Calis its very good. Also on site small supermarket & excellent Turkish Bath if anything you want to know just message me    Diana

Offline IanK

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2011, 18:33:28 PM »
Hi Springfield,

Sunset Beach Club is at the far end of the prom - past the dolmus "station" and just before the Surf Cafe. If takes 20-30 minutes to walk to the water taxi from the complex.

I made a short video of a cycle ride from the centre of Calis up to Sunset Beach Club if you want to take a look here...

http://youtu.be/_mXqxIiqAWc

The complex does have several pools and an on site bar & restaurant so its not always necessary to go into Calis. If you want to go out, the nearest well known places are Surf cafe (5 mins) and Guvens (10 mins).

Hope this helps.

Regards
Ian

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2011, 19:29:14 PM »
I agree its alovely complex, I walk past it most days when on holiday, but as Springfield stated, he hoped to be near most things and Sunset Beach club isn't, IMH
 8)

Offline lmaddy

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2011, 22:17:09 PM »
Hi
I am biased and I will admit to having an interest but you could consider Seasaide. It is the closer to Calis then Sunset and is the next complex on the beach. The dolmus stops just outside.
If you want to PM me I can put you in touch with owners on seaside depending what you want.
Apartments will get booked up quickly but there are a number of lovely 3 bed town houses.
Seaside is more intimate then Sunset just as lovely but with not the same facilities - though you can walk up the road to Sunset & book the Turkish bath & use the beach bar or beach club.
Seaside is 1 min from Guvens.

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2011, 22:54:13 PM »
I stayed at Sunset last year and although lovely apartments and complex, I did find it a bit too remote.  It's just that last stretch after the Dolmus station that is dark and unpleasant to walk on but having said that, I believe the Dolmus goes past right outside in the summer.  
I like to be closer so I can go for a wander around the shops/bars for an hour without getting the Dolmus but it was a bit too far to walk for me in the heat.  In fairness though, it is easy to get to the Prom if you like to stroll and has a lovely view of the beach and islands - oh, and the staff were great!

Offline mazza

• Denton, Manchester, UK
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2011, 07:39:42 AM »
Like LMaddy, I am also biased as I have an apartment on Seaside, but everything is true.  It is a smaller complex but more family orientated in my opinion and we do have 3 fairly large swimming pools plus a kiddies pool. It is nearer the prom/bars/restaurants and two minutes to a couple of shops for any groceries you might need, and not overly priced. There are a couple of 1bed and 2/3 bed apartments on the complex but mainly town houses and some larger villas so you do have a choice of what to pick, so you would have no problem with accommodation

Offline Springfield

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2011, 09:46:56 AM »
Thankyou everyone for your swift and detailed replies.  

Can someone confirm how near seaside is then in walking terms to the water taxi's?

One couple within our party are within the older age bracket and I dont think a 30 minute walk will appeal to them.

Thanks again

S

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf