Author Topic: Cameron Solves Debt Crisis  (Read 2344 times)

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
Cameron Solves Debt Crisis
« on: October 05, 2011, 10:26:38 AM »
Just when you were thinking that George Osbourne had cornered the market for halfwitted analysis of the national and global economy, his boss steps in to show he is even more clueless. A pre-conference press release says that the following will be in this afternoon's speech: The only way out of a  debt crisis, the Prime Minister will say, is to ‘deal with  your debts. That means households - all of us - paying off the credit card and store cards bills,' Mr Cameron will say. Brilliant, eh. He will possibly be telling us where we can all find the money for this. Borrow some?

I believe an entire convocation of spin-doctors is working flat out to devise some form words, accompanied by smoke and mirrors, to try to put a better face on this so he doesn't show himself up as a megatwerp.

[In case people think this is some kind of left wing smear, I took the quote from that favourite of the right - Daily Mail. Proper newspapers also carry the story].

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011, 10:56:59 AM »
Have you also noticed how many Corporal Jones are in the Cameron's government, every other economic spoke-person from the government seems to be saying 'Don't Panic .. Don't Panic'.  Well I wasn't, but I'm now beginning to wonder if I should be .... no no we must Stay Calm and Carry On.

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2011, 11:48:49 AM »
The message has already begun to metamorphosize. A Tory spokesperson on Radio 5 tells me Mr Cameron didn't mean we should spend less; this would be catastrophic and lead to many small businesses going bankrupt - as a number of listeners were keen to phone in and tell him. Spending has already dropped by 0.8% in the second quarter of 2011, contibuting to a miserly growth rate of 0.1% over the period.

What Cameron really meant was that we should pay off our credit cards and carry on spending. Oh dear. Shouldn't politicians carry round with them a card that states Dennis Healy's Law of Holes so they can remind themseves of it before thay open their mouths? I wonder what Cameron will be telling us he really really means this afternoon.

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2011, 12:15:48 PM »
But can you think of anyone who can do better Colwyn? the last lot certainly couldnt, allthough Mr Blair seems to have done alright for himself doesnt he.

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2011, 12:26:58 PM »
When I look at, and listen to, Osbourne I find it difficult to believe there are many politicians could do it worse. Surely there must be someone in the Tory party who has a better grasp on how economies work. But perhaps they are not such good chums of Cameron? Pity Uncle Vince shot himself in the foot - he does have an understanding of economics - but he has been a naughty boy and ruled himself out.

Meanwhile things are moving on apace. Cameron has rewritten the part of speach that refers to credit cards.

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2011, 14:01:35 PM »
Certainly agree with regards to Vince.

Offline Ovacikpeedoff

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2011, 15:12:12 PM »
Brown and Darling did it worse. They got us into the mess in the first place and ran up the biggest deficit in the developed world.

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2011, 16:23:00 PM »
here here!

Offline Firo

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2011, 17:33:50 PM »
Here here....lots of complaints/criticisms are coming from people's mouths but my take on it is, they're trying to sort out the mess left behind by the party prior to them(and what a mess they left behind). No one on this earth could sort it out without the hard cutbacks, but many seem to do nothing but bitch about it. Would those who complain /criticise prefer the country to go bankrupt?

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2011, 17:53:36 PM »
Well said Fiona, the one thing Blair and Brown did for me was they made up my mind to get out of Britain,so sad to have to leave your country, but just couldnt stand being screwed anymore, so much for the working mans party.:(

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf