Author Topic: Hitting Your Own Customers AGAIN  (Read 985 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Hitting Your Own Customers AGAIN
« on: December 11, 2011, 22:21:11 PM »
Rewarding loyalty yet again the last thing on company's minds - more like give the customers you are chasing the good deal and rip off the customers you already have.

Car insurance time again (I have 3 cars so it's always car insurance time again). Get a renewal letter from the current charabanc insurers (Hastings Direct) telling me they are not like nasty other companies and aren't putting 25% on top of last year's quote - and indeed they did not, it was about a tenner more (which is still a rip off, I have one year more no claims bonus over last year). But anyway, £245. Very kindly I don't need to ring to accept the renewal quote, I can let it happen and they can just charge my credit card again - it's all tailored for us customers you know.

So of course I check the price comparison sites to see if anyone can beat £245. I doubt they can, everyone is putting 25% on last year's rates according to Hastings Direct. But I will make the effort anyway.

Lowest quote: £185!!! If that isn't shocking enough, guess who that quote is from - Hastings Bloody Direct!!!

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2011, 22:26:45 PM »
Unbelievable:(

Offline Eric

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2011, 22:39:39 PM »
Oops:-\

Offline heather07

• Perth, UK
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2011, 22:48:26 PM »
oh dear ..pity who ever answers the phone tomorrow

Offline corbindallas

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2011, 10:06:23 AM »
It never fails to amaze me how many people accept their renewal quote without checking around. I have never had a renewal on my car insurance in the UK that is cheaper despite the max no claims and being an advanced driver. Afte checking I usualy always just phone the present insurer and tell them I have had a better quote and to either match it or lose me, 9 times out of 10 they beat it! Same goes with bank interest, funny how they can suddenly offer you a better interest rate account if you threaten to close it! ;)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2011, 17:35:36 PM »
Well I phoned to cancel, and to tell them that they were ripping off their own customers, preferring to give the best prices to attracting new customers. They told me they could enter my details instantly into the online comparison sites, which they then did and told me they had no idea how I got £185, as when they did it they came up with *exactly* the same £245 they had quoted in the renewal.

Then they said they would do it for £185. :-\

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2011, 20:54:11 PM »
George had a crash a few weeks ago and the car was written off, the insurance company paid up but then took the next direct debit when we called to question it, it would appear that as it was his fault we must continue to pay until the end of the policy! I'm am checking it out but boy I was fuming !

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2011, 22:29:33 PM »
I had the same thing for the last few years with Aviva. New customers are king. It must cost them more to administer new customers than just renew old ones and they have the cheek to tell you you have a 5% loyalty discount. My Ar5e.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf