Author Topic: Hotel pricing  (Read 3992 times)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Hotel pricing
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2012, 23:38:08 PM »
On reflection the later.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Hotel pricing
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2012, 23:44:34 PM »
The point I was trying to make, clearly unsuccessfully, was that there are presumably establishments, including perhaps some in Fethiye (?), who advertise a gin at 8 euros and that is the going rate up to and after it has been queried.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Hotel pricing
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2012, 23:45:05 PM »
Thank you. And this highlights the number one tourist trap - the costs to people who ask first are normally substantially less than the costs to people who query once the bill comes. The family who sit down and order 4 drinks get charged in euro (and drinks list is evidence), the family who query the drinks list are told it is simply an error. So wrong.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Hotel pricing
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2012, 23:48:07 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Highlander

The point I was trying to make, clearly unsuccessfully, was that there are presumably establishments, including perhaps some in Fethiye (?), who advertise a gin at 8 euros and that is the going rate up to and after it has been queried.

No I don't believe that to be true - who would pay over seven quid for a gin in Turkey?? My explanation is far closer than yours. Tourists rarely read the drinks price list and they are made to pay the price for their relaxed holiday ways. There is no way the going rate for a gin is 8 euros anywhere in Calis.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Hotel pricing
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2012, 00:06:53 AM »
I do not know the price of a gin at Letoonia, but I seem to recall my brother-in-law telling me that a packet of cigs was 14 lira.

PS I understand that Letoonia is Letoonia and that Calis is Calis.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Hotel pricing
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2012, 00:13:54 AM »
Letoonia is all inclusive, the gin is priceless  ;)

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
Hotel pricing
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2012, 00:54:09 AM »
I'd never pay €8 for a gin anywhere including Sorrento last July where that was normal for a spirit.

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
Hotel pricing
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2012, 07:40:00 AM »
The Burj in Dubia  charge £14 for G&T in the sky cocktail bar but it is worth it with that view just great . ;)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Hotel pricing
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2012, 16:47:50 PM »
Totally convinced of my case that there must be places in Fethiye that 8 euros for a gin, I have spent the morning scouring the internet. I am devastated to have to report that unfortunately my endeavours have provided fruitless and the highest figure quoted I can find is 4.60 €:(.

I live in the fervent hope however that some members who have stayed in more up market hotels than I, will be able to beat this figure.

In desperation, I had considered posing the question as to what would happen if an establishment advertised a gin at 8 lira but after purchase, claimed it to be an error and asked for 8 euros in payment. But that of course would have left me open to accusations of me being pedantic and/or downright silly which would surely possibly be harsh (and not at all accurate) ;).

Serefe:D

Offline Robw

Hotel pricing
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2012, 23:33:02 PM »
I hate to quibble over prices in fact i never do i simply just don`t go back but it is a shame we cant trust the Bar/Restaurant owners!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf