Author Topic: smoking  (Read 2941 times)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
smoking
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2012, 12:32:24 PM »
In U.K. non smoking rooms have smoke alarms.  My son and his fiancee where staying in an Hotel in Aberdeen on New Years' Eve. They were woken by the Fire Alarm at 6.00am in the morning of New Year's Day.  Everyone had to assemble outside the Hotel.  It turned out someone was smoking in a non-smoking room (this Hotel did also have smoking rooms).  The person responsible was put out of the Hotel immediately, however, my son says they could not get back to sleep and it ruined their stay.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
smoking
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2012, 13:05:49 PM »
If a hotel doesn't have smoke alarms in the rooms then I would seriously look to stay somewhere that did. It's OK if you smoke or don't as you can be very careful. Unfortunatley you cannot guarantee others will not be careless.

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
smoking
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2012, 14:45:39 PM »
All Uk rooms have to have smoke alarms. It's got nothing to do with whether they are smoking / non smoking rooms, fires can start by other means too eg electrical faults

Offline johntaylor49

smoking
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2012, 18:11:57 PM »
You know what I am an ex-smoker too, and like Scunner am
sympathetic to the smoker and try not to be one of those holier than Thou types I hear all the time!

I always enjoyed having a smoke on the Balcony in the morning with my coffee and with a drink in the evening, and found that if I asked for an ashtray for the Balcony the Hotel were very happy to provide one. No ash on the balcony floor to be cleaned up and no ash falling on your neighbours, problem solved for everyone!

I think the lkaw in Turkey mayu well cover rooms but apart from the odd wander in and out most smokers use the balcony.

Meldrew

Offline Bluwise

smoking
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2012, 18:17:10 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Liz 101

All Uk rooms have to have smoke alarms. It's got nothing to do with whether they are smoking / non smoking rooms, fires can start by other means too eg electrical faults

.....and according to some hotels, steam from the shower can set them off so they kindly ask that you shut the bathroom door when showering  :o

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf