Author Topic: Turkey to UK Courier  (Read 8755 times)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Turkey to UK Courier
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2012, 17:19:26 PM »
Nichola, I send fragile glass, pottery and porcelain all over the world and only use bubble wrap to pack, newspaper is too heavy and also the print can stain items.  Touch wood after 20 years my stuff has arrived in good condition. I send at least two-three parcels to Australia every two weeks and my customer insists on all her items being bubble wrapped.  I also use polystyrene boxes which are very light and I pack with no spaces.

Offline scouser2

Turkey to UK Courier
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2012, 20:35:22 PM »
Thank you both Nichola and Jackie for the great advice.
Just one more question for Nichola....Is the cargo PTT by the Otogar or is it the main PTT in Fethiye?
Many thanks.
Chris.

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Turkey to UK Courier
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2012, 21:43:44 PM »
I always use the main PTT in Fethiye - at the moment it is free parking in Fethiye and if you come in for 9am you can always get a spot close to the PTT :)

Offline scouser2

Turkey to UK Courier
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2012, 22:19:02 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Jacqui Harvey

Nichola, I send fragile glass, pottery and porcelain all over the world and only use bubble wrap to pack, newspaper is too heavy and also the print can stain items.  Touch wood after 20 years my stuff has arrived in good condition. I send at least two-three parcels to Australia every two weeks and my customer insists on all her items being bubble wrapped.  I also use polystyrene boxes which are very light and I pack with no spaces.

Thank you Nichola, and again Jacqui for your help.
Great tip Jacqui.Can you tell me where I can buy polystyrene boxes in Liverpool/U.K.
All help appreciated.
Chris.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 22:21:38 PM by scouser2 »

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Turkey to UK Courier
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2012, 23:12:05 PM »
I buy mine from a local factory that make these boxes.  I just ring and order then go and pick them up.  However, I am in Scotland, not Liverpool anymore, but there are bound to be factories that make them around Livepool if you check your yellow pages.  
I find the poly boxes the best thing I have used to send parcels, because they are so lightweight, but so strong. (Cardboard is heavy and easily damaged) Prices start for the small boxes at about 30p each. For a large box which is known at the Factory as a "coffin" it's £2.75.
I buy my bubble wrap on Ebay as you can get a really huge roll delivered free at a fraction of the cost in the shops.  I also buy "Fragile" tape on Ebay.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 23:13:40 PM by Jacqui Harvey »

Offline scouser2

Turkey to UK Courier
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2012, 13:16:22 PM »
Hi All.
Does anyone know where I can buy large cardboard packing boxes suitable for International shipping in Fethiye please?
All help appreciated.
Chris

Offline scouser2

Turkey to UK Courier
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2012, 15:38:11 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by nichola

Fethiye Post Office - Kargo

By plane 10 days ish

By ship 10-15 days ish

12 kilos IRO 150TL prices goes up or down by about 10TL for every kilo.

:)

I went to Fethiye PTT yesterday to sent some tings by cargo. For 15kg they charged me 166TL which I thought was brilliant. HOWEVER today I was called by the PTT, who said that they had undercharged me by 274TL.So the total for 15kg was 440TL.Needless to say I am leaving these goods here.
I was told that the price per kilo for sea-mail is 23TL per kilo and for air-mail was 25TL per kilo.
Hope this info is helpful.

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Turkey to UK Courier
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2012, 16:05:18 PM »
Something here is either not right or the prices have gone up dramatically. Last year the under 2 kilo (small packet) prices went up by a third but the kargo prices remained the same at that time.

I am very surprised by this and will be checking this out first thing tomorrow!

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Turkey to UK Courier
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2012, 16:09:40 PM »
Did you ask for insurance [?]

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Turkey to UK Courier
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2012, 17:14:49 PM »
I have just spoken to a friend of mine in Istanbul who unlike me can navigate the PTT web site. Prices have indeed gone up.

The cost of sending 15 kilos to the uk surface mail is 183.10TL.

Apart from if you want insurance then I can not think what the difference would be.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf