Author Topic: The Assured End of an Era  (Read 8281 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
The Assured End of an Era
« on: March 19, 2012, 18:55:20 PM »
I thought I would let people who may be interested know that the inspired risk free property purchase system at Assured Estate is now no longer offered. It was a brilliant idea - in a time where people were getting ripped off right left and centre - to hold buyer's payments safely until the developer/seller signs over the tapu.

The problem is, people today don't want risk free, they want a discount for paying all the money up front - to some guy they met 5 minutes earlier.

I only post to let you know from me. Cue the rumours - gone bust/closed down by the mafia/you name it...

I am not in the least bit bitter - far from it, things couldn't be better and I am working on all the things I wanted to for all those years - including my new websites and working with my great friends Cenk & Olga on a few interesting things. I no longer have the patience required to deal with idiot customers who don't want picking up too early and can spare us two hours on Thursday morning as they have to be finished viewing by one o'clock as they are meeting a friend for lunch. Have your £500 off or free washing machine as a fitting reward for sending your hard earned £100,000 straight away and exposing your entire investment to potential disaster - I no longer have the will, need or the patience to save you from yourselves  :)
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 14:58:35 PM by Scunner »

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 19:06:14 PM »
I should also say, if anyone wants to spend £100,000 I am as capable of getting you a free washing machine for paying all the money up front as the next man  ;)

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 19:20:42 PM »
You can always borrow my brick wall, few spaces left. : :) ;)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2012, 19:23:07 PM »
Thanks, my requirement for a brick wall disappeared when I decided the above  :)

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2012, 23:09:45 PM »
How much is a 'Free' Turkish washing machine, (complete with villa, of course,) nowadays Boss ?? : :) ;)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2012, 23:29:07 PM »
If they go bust before signing over the tapu, there is no washing machine - some technicality about not being able to plumb it in because the bank now owns the villa the customer's money is all gone?

Offline martinp2502

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2012, 06:36:18 AM »
Wasn't this scheme a safe process for buying a property? If it was why can't someone wishing to purchase a villa use the scheme, or do you personally have to invest in this in advance? I'm puzzled.

We looked at this scheme a few years back and were interested. If things go to plan we may be looking at another property next year but without a safe scheme we'll possibly rent.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2012, 09:07:33 AM »
No need to confuse yourself Martin  :)

The system mainly held the purchase funds for a property until the property was built or in the case of resales until the paperwork was complete, and handed it over when the builder/vendor signed over the title deed. Pretty much like the way a Turk buys - when the property is signed over, you pay for it. As mentioned, people don't want risk free, they want a lump of money off for paying up front - I lost business because people preferred to pay up front with another agent because they got a better price for paying the lot 3 months before the tapu was even transferable, let alone transferred. Builders didn't like the Assured scheme but saw it would sell units to people that they may otherwise not have - but they certainly wouldn't wait till completion for their money AND give a discount so that was me getting my coat with that customer...

In essence, risk free lost out to discount for taking a huge risk - I'm happy enough to admit defeat, people are looking for a bargain these days. Too many people only view buying in a foreign country in terms of price, they forget to consider the potential cost of their actions. Having agreed to send 50 grand to people they hadn't even met last week, they are absolutely outraged at the 4 euros they paid on the way out for a can of Dalaman Fanta.

Offline c1

• Northampton, UK
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2012, 11:40:42 AM »
great idea ahead of it's time but behind the wave, although seeing property in uk increaseing in value, green shoots first swallow etc I reckon Turkey property will pick up 2014 as uk and euroland gets it's act together. Kieth you can always beath new life into it again come the up swing.

Offline SandyLea

• Newly Registered
Re: The Assured End of an Era
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2012, 14:39:27 PM »
Gosh!  I wish you were still doing the "risk-free" thing.  We are very risk averse and would prefer to pay more and know we were safe.  It is awful to hear that people expect to find somewhere after just a couple of hours viewing and then hand over their pounds or lira.  It is such a big commitment to people like us that we would prefer to take ages but get it right.  However, I am scared we will take many hours/days viewing and agents will get fed up with us.  I think, now, the thing to do is go to agents who are recommended and use your own solicitor, or am I just being naive and too simplistic?  By 8 October, I am sure these forums will be awash with agents complaining about the two mad English people who wanted to know the ins and outs of absolutely everything before making a decision (us).  I apologise in advance.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf