Author Topic: Dolphin Hotel.  (Read 3092 times)

Offline maria1949

Dolphin Hotel.
« on: April 07, 2012, 14:32:46 PM »
I am just thinking of booking our hols for september,and i have been looking at the Dolphin,cheap and cheerful,but can't find any comments about this hotel from any CBF members.Can any one help please.:D

Offline sunnyd

Dolphin Hotel.
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2012, 18:53:52 PM »
I looked at this hotel last year for someone, no pool but on the beachfront. The rooms are basic and even though they say some of the rooms have a balcony, the balcony was tiny, enough for one person! Here is a link to trip advisor...
http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g298031-d1803849-Reviews-Dolphin_Beach_Hotel_Calis-Fethiye_Mugla_Province_Turkish_Aegean_Coast.html

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Dolphin Hotel.
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2012, 19:02:40 PM »
I understand pretty much the same - very basic - but I must say it does have many fans who come year after year, so they must be doing something right  :)

Offline maria1949

Dolphin Hotel.
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2012, 19:09:01 PM »
Thanks for the feedback,it looks ok had a bit of a make-over maybe last year or year before.Reviews ok as well.Thanks again.

Offline stuart1955

Dolphin Hotel.
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2012, 01:13:02 AM »
We have stopped at the dolphin beach hotel twice and are going back in may for 11 nights,yes it is basic, no pool , no English tv thank god, rooms not massive but big enough and cleaned daily,try and get a front room for the view,balconys are only small but prefer to spend are time on the beach etc. if like us you are on a tight budget stay half board,they have a wonderful chef Serhat who serves up some lovely and varied Turkish dishes and if you want something special they are happy to cater for you

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Dolphin Hotel.
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2012, 01:45:59 AM »
Thanks for your reply Stuart - can you give an idea of how much half board is at the Dolphin?

Offline stuart1955

Dolphin Hotel.
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2012, 02:20:06 AM »
I booked direct with hotel £10 per night each half board  but obviously depends when you are booking and they pick us up and drop us back to dalaman for an extra £30. So 11 nights including transfers £250.i prefer to book direct with them and at least they are getting all the money and not getting shafted by agents.if you search around online you can get  7 nights half board with a room at back of hotel for under £50.  I think the price I paid is a bargain and they have to make a living

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Dolphin Hotel.
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2012, 09:40:23 AM »
I think that is sensational - even if you paid £200 return for your flights, Calis can offer seafront (possibly sea view) accommodation for those (as Stuart says) on a tight budget in a holiday package including meals, flights, hotel and transfers for £300 for a week/£370 for a fortnight each. I bet there aren't many other places who can offer that  :)  

I think it costs me more than that to live here for a fortnight  ;)

Offline stuart1955

Dolphin Hotel.
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2012, 10:37:00 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Scunner

I think that is sensational - even if you paid £200 return for your flights, Calis can offer seafront (possibly sea view) accommodation for those (as Stuart says) on a tight budget in a holiday package including meals, flights, hotel and transfers for £300 for a week/£370 for a fortnight each. I bet there aren't many other places who can offer that  :)  

I think it costs me more than that to live here for a fortnight  ;)

.        Added bonus got return flights with monarch for £105 each, 11 nights for two of us for £460, we have a touring caravan here in the uk and 11 nights site fees for the same dates in may were £236 then the cost of diesel and the chore of shopping and cooking and the unpredictable weather no brainier really and we love calis and always have a great time at the dolphin beach

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
Dolphin Hotel.
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2012, 13:30:33 PM »
We've paid more for our flights!People often show an interest in using our apartment but when they come to find flights its not worth it! They can get packages cheaper!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf