Author Topic: Nevada Su  (Read 2391 times)

Offline lordwizlon

• Country Life
Nevada Su
« on: October 11, 2012, 07:22:01 AM »
A few weeks ago I booked 3 people into Nevada Su. Hotel was great. No Calis noise, clean rooms etc.
Booked through Hotels4U. By far the cheapest way, but must have EU passports!
Cannot complain.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Re: Nevada Su
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2012, 07:49:31 AM »
One of our Wedding Guests stayed at this place.  Also my son stayed there on the night before his Wedding. We just emailed them and booked on-line, with no problem.
It was quiet and not too far to walk to Calis, or our place either.  My son said it was fine but there were lots of little niggles with his room which he thought was very slap dash for a newish Hotel.   However, overall some of the Wedding guests would have preferred to have stayed at this place than, say, the Oykun.

Offline lordwizlon

• Country Life
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2012, 08:34:27 AM »
Thanks Jacqui. I agree with your overall assessment.
However, at £125 for 2 persons B&B it takes some beating. The power of big companies has effects on price unfortunately.

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2012, 08:55:56 AM »
I noticed on their new signage, they've dropped the "Su" from their name. We ask to be shown around the hotel when we were out im May, and I thought it was very nice.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2012, 09:51:02 AM »
However, overall some of the Wedding guests would have preferred to have stayed at this place than, say, the Oykun.

Very interesting Jacqui - what did they not like so much about the ever popular Oykun?

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2012, 11:23:51 AM »
"H" Reasons we were not totally happy with the Oykun.

Firstly, the Oykun was noisier than the Nevadu Su,

Secondly, we recommended our Wedding guests to book the Oykun and also the Nevadu Su.  We then went on a number of occasions to the Oykun and had drinks.  On the night of my Daughter in Law's hen night.  My Sister in Law and I wilted away at 12.30am and we left the party.  I walked back with her to the Oykun where she was staying and gave the guy at the reception the number of a yellow cab driver we always use and asked him to call it for me.   He was quite annoyed and told me the taxi would be expensive and he could get me transport.  I told him I used this taxi all the time. He reluctantly rang the number and then asked me for 1 lira for the call.  I went and sat with my Sister in Law and waited.  The cab arrived and when I told the driver, he was so cross, he actually gave me one lira for the call.   Obviously, the Oykun like to use their own transport.

Lastly and more important.  One of the bridesmaids was staying at the Oykun too.  She was made redundant just before she arrived.  As she was coming from Malta she had an open flight ticket.  She asked the Oykun could she stay for one week instead of two.  They agreed.  After 3 days they called her to the reception and told her that the agreed price of £13.00 per night B.&.B. was now going to be £20.00 per night as she was only staying for a week.  The last evening of her stay she was walked back to the Hotel after a night out. When she went to get her key the, Reception told her she had to move out of the room as they had someone else for it.  They said she had to move at 3.00am in the morning and they had got her a room at the Golden Moon.  She was due to leave the Hotel at 7.00am.   She had to move at 3.00am (still had to pay £20.00 per night's stay no reduction back to £13.00 ) and she walked around to the Golden Moon with her suitcase, but did not unpack and got no sleep in the Golden Moon.  We were really concerned when we found out as a girl walking alone at 3.00am in the morning is not safe anywhere.

Moral is, use the Oykun transportating and don't change your holiday timescale. 

I did mention the Nevada Su Fire Escape to my son and his friend, but they both had not noticed and thought ther must be one now.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2012, 11:52:58 AM »
"H" Reasons we were not totally happy with the Oykun.

It was me who asked  ;)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2012, 12:12:24 PM »
Oh Dear!! Sorry, Scunner, got carried away with "H's" Fire escape... :o :-[

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2012, 12:33:23 PM »
Moral is, use the Oykun transportating and don't change your holiday timescale. 

Moral for me would be to not use the Oykun again i'm afraid!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf