Author Topic: Shaka Winter Menu and Charity Night  (Read 3854 times)

Offline Shaka

• Newly Registered
Shaka Winter Menu and Charity Night
« on: October 22, 2012, 16:58:04 PM »
Our winter menu will be online on our website www.shaka.com.tr from 10 th November !!!  :P
Also on 10 th November to pay our respect to Ataturk, we will be cooking a few dishes that he loved ... Profits from this evening will be donated to Fethiye Orphanage Association !!!  ;D
Please call to book your table and support Fethiye Orphans.
0252 614 8642
Thanks

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
Re: Shaka Winter Menu and Charity Night
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2012, 11:51:34 AM »
Lets hope the food is better than last time we came ,very disappointed .

Offline Donna2202

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2012, 17:51:25 PM »
Really looking forward to a few nights here in the winter once my hubby's finished work. Are you still planning on running transfers from Ovacik?

Offline lissa

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2012, 19:22:00 PM »
I was also very disappointed after eating there a couple of weeks ago, after reading the reports on CBF. I expected more! My friend is a vegetarian and I thought the choice for her was very limited. Halloumi salad, veggie pasta,one type of pizza, she opted for the halloumi and I ordered chicken in a cream sauce. The salad consisted of some roasted veg, lettuce and of course halloumi, mine was a breast of chicken cut length ways 3 times, on a very small bed of tiny cut up cauliflower and broccoli, served with a very small amount of rice.Quite bland.My friend had a side order of chips which were cold.No, I did not complain as my friend asked me not to, she was on holiday and said the location was great, sitting beside the sea etc, which I said I did agree with but would have liked to make a comment about the food. The service was good, though the staff did keep returning to the table to ask if everything was ok, too many times if anything.
I would probably not go there to eat again, as there are many other restaurants set in great locations, both in Fethiye and Calis.
 My friend had other friends joining her here the next week, unfortunately as I was working away I could not join them, but she called me to say they had a few  meals in the main Meri restaurant in the middle of Paspatur, which had great choices for vegetarians, meat and fish eaters at comparable prices and were all delicious.
I know it has been said the menu at Shaka is limited but I did think her options as a vegetarian were terribly uninspiring.

Offline Shaka

• Newly Registered
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2012, 20:27:54 PM »
Really looking forward to a few nights here in the winter once my hubby's finished work. Are you still planning on running transfers from Ovacik?

Hi Donna, Yes we do run transfers from Ovacik starting from November, you can call us on 6148842 to arrange it !

Offline littlereddevil

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2012, 08:14:48 AM »
I notice there is never much response from Shaka about the bad meals!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2012, 09:35:18 AM »
In fairness there is more than most other restaurants, who provide none, ever.

Offline Eric

Offline Shaka

• Newly Registered
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2012, 16:20:33 PM »

Hi Lisa,

We couldnt understand if you were dissapointed with the food or the little choice for vegetarians, the dish you had is one of our biggest sellers and loved by all ... when it comes to vegetarian dishes yes we do not have much on the menu simply because it dosent sell, being in turkey people tend to eat meat and fish more and vegetarians are rare to find, but then again we do get every now and then a vegetarian person asking for a special dish and chef is more than happy to create something for them ... We think the staff kept returning back to your table because they must of sensed something was wrong with your table, but how could we make things right if we do not know whats wrong ??? When it comes to Megri restaurant , you are spot on its a great restaurant ... but comparing us with megri is a little odd since we are two very different styles !!!

Still we are sorry we couldnt look after you well enough in  shaka, and we hope you will have better experiences with other restaurants in the future  :)

I was also very disappointed after eating there a couple of weeks ago, after reading the reports on CBF. I expected more! My friend is a vegetarian and I thought the choice for her was very limited. Halloumi salad, veggie pasta,one type of pizza, she opted for the halloumi and I ordered chicken in a cream sauce. The salad consisted of some roasted veg, lettuce and of course halloumi, mine was a breast of chicken cut length ways 3 times, on a very small bed of tiny cut up cauliflower and broccoli, served with a very small amount of rice.Quite bland.My friend had a side order of chips which were cold.No, I did not complain as my friend asked me not to, she was on holiday and said the location was great, sitting beside the sea etc, which I said I did agree with but would have liked to make a comment about the food. The service was good, though the staff did keep returning to the table to ask if everything was ok, too many times if anything.
I would probably not go there to eat again, as there are many other restaurants set in great locations, both in Fethiye and Calis.
 My friend had other friends joining her here the next week, unfortunately as I was working away I could not join them, but she called me to say they had a few  meals in the main Meri restaurant in the middle of Paspatur, which had great choices for vegetarians, meat and fish eaters at comparable prices and were all delicious.
I know it has been said the menu at Shaka is limited but I did think her options as a vegetarian were terribly uninspiring.

Offline Just Marian

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2012, 07:44:14 AM »
We have never been disappointed in Shaka and have enjoyed all our meals there.

I am vegetarian and the last time I was in I wanted the Tempura, but noticed it said battered vegetables and seafood.
So I asked if they would miss out the seafood and keep it all veg which they kindly did, it was not a problem to them whatsoever.

My mother - in - law asked them for an iced drink one day (ice cream and lemonade in a tall glass) they didn't know what it was and asked her how to make it - they came back with one for her no problem!

They will gladly mix and "tweak" around any part of the menu to suit your taste.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf