Author Topic: Halloween & that damned Danny Baker  (Read 3904 times)

Offline johntaylor49

Re: Halloween & that damned Danny Baker
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2012, 10:05:03 AM »
Eeeeee nah then Marina, tha's not Howard's Marina from Upperthong are thee????? :D
(If you know the series)

I think it depended more where you lived in Yorkshire as well, for example in Upperthong we never saw any kids doing anything much on Mischief Night but at Shepley there was a fair bit of "mischief" and positive mayhem in Skelmanthorpe  :)

For all the Yorkis here:-

Barnsley man's wife who was deeply religious sadly died, and her Husband was determined to recognise this on her Gravestone so he duly instructed the Mason to have the words "she were thine" on it.

A couple of weeks later he was invited to view the work, which had the inscription "She were thin" on it,
he was apoplectic with rage and berated the Mason "tha blitherin idiot, tha's left off the bloody e, the bloody e!" to which the Mason replied very apologetically that he was dreadfully sorry and would rectifcy the problem.

After a few days he called the man to come and see the corrected work.

The man stood silently looking at the inscription before slowly reading, with an air of resignation ----

------

"Eee, she were thin"

Meldrew

Offline Marggie

« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2012, 13:01:43 PM »
Eee I like that one ;D

Offline marina

« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2012, 15:06:33 PM »
johntaylor49 - no, definitely not THAT Marina!   ;D

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2012, 18:52:12 PM »
This whole thread is a farrago. A mishmash of bits and pieces; an assemblage of sickly sentimental guff about the generosity of strangers and the good old days when northern children used to roam the streets performing quite harmless and amusing mischief. What is missing from this fragrant pot pourri is the sort of grumpiness that that is the signal feature of this section.

Disgraceful. Its only positive aspect is that it has allowed to me to dust off a term unused for some time - farrago - and which I usually trot out only in reference to the Crazy Frog who is the "leader" of those besotted UKIPs.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2012, 19:41:14 PM »
Is he Wells Farrago's brother ?

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2012, 21:13:43 PM »
Love Colwyn's post ;D

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2012, 21:16:51 PM »
I must confess and apologise to Colwyn Bey - I didn't even realise the topic was in GOM when I replied. I can suspend myself for a short period if that would make up for it.

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2012, 09:29:27 AM »
I can suspend myself for a short period if that would make up for it.
By the neck?

Offline marina

« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2012, 10:31:11 AM »
My apologies Colwyn!    ;)  ;D

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2012, 19:05:41 PM »
What is missing from this fragrant pot pourri is the sort of grumpiness that that is the signal feature of this section.

Hold on Colwyn I object to your assertion that the comments on this thread were not grumpy enough, or even grumpy at all ...... I refer to my two posts that served two strong points of grumpiness, firstly on the over inflated egos and senses of self-importance displayed by Baker and more widely those half witted group called DJs to which Baker is a member.  I may have referred back to my youth but that was to contrast it with the the 'legalised begging' that goes on today with Halloween... compare and contrast are a valid tool or indeed weapon of the Grumpy Practitioner..... I rose to the challenge you set, and if I say so myself I pushed the Grumpy bar up a notch or two by widening the attack and by being contemporary by pointing out that baker had been sacked (LOL)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf