Author Topic: Burger King in Calis?  (Read 12685 times)

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
Re: Burger King in Calis?
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2013, 12:55:54 PM »
Its best to just stick with English food while you are away, like Pizzas, Kebabs and Chicken Korma.  ;)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2013, 13:12:34 PM »
If the locals want one, why not,  it's a novelty for them and I am sure the Brits will use it too.  I remember when the MacDonald's opened in Fethiye and it was packed with Turkish people.  I note now when we pass by we never see a lot of people in there.
As for KFC  after reading this in the paper today, I don't think I would bother.  WARNING.. Don't look at this unless you have a strong stomach  :o
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/nurses-disgust-finds-gruesome-body-1748226

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2013, 14:57:35 PM »
Our 'rule' on holiday was to eat as Turkish as poss.  Until second week when we would fancy an Indian, LOL!!!!

Er, as for the 'kidney' in the KFC coating, ewwwwww.  But to me it looks like a testicle.  Question is, -who's!  Has anyone heard that Colonel Sanders is now singing like Tiny Tim???

Offline Lotty

Burger King in Calis?
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2013, 15:58:57 PM »
When we were there last month, I had an early dental appt and my hubby dragged me to the Mulberry Tree to watch him eat the best looking English breakfast I could ever drool over, fried bread the lot! Sometimes it's just what you need. Soup was good though.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2013, 16:52:37 PM »
Lotty, Try the homemade cake in the Mulberry Tree, it's famous and so delicious.  Coffee and a cake about 3.30pm is perfect.  :)  ;)

Offline Marggie

« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2013, 17:00:00 PM »
The carrot cake is also delicious and you can buy a full slab to take home.  Cream tea also very good - a nice big mug of tea and 2 scones with butter, cream and jam.  Not good for the hips!

Offline Lotty

Burger King in Calis?
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2013, 17:13:55 PM »
Wow! Thanks ladies, that's good to know. We've only tried their breakfasts (and soup) in the past. I could eat one of their full English  just thinking of it!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2013, 17:18:58 PM »
We went there and had a varied set of choices between us. I mentioned it on here, that the food was first class (even one had bacon rolls, it was excellent) but we found the service very surly and unfriendly. I did say at that time I wouldn't mention it again.

Damn.

:D

Offline grahamturner09

Burger King in Calis?
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2013, 17:45:51 PM »
I have no problem with people eating what ever they want when on holiday.what used to get me was in the days before being able to get a full English in turkey people at the airport complaining turkey was crap and the main reason being they couldn't get a full English.then when they could complaining that the Turkish hotel they were staying in that offered them a Turkish breakfast would charge them for a full English.

Offline angela

« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2013, 18:30:20 PM »
If the locals want one, why not,  it's a novelty for them and I am sure the Brits will use it too.  I remember when the MacDonald's opened in Fethiye and it was packed with Turkish people.  I note now when we pass by we never see a lot of people in there.
As for KFC  after reading this in the paper today, I don't think I would bother.  WARNING.. Don't look at this unless you have a strong stomach  :o
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/nurses-disgust-finds-gruesome-body-1748226

I love kidney, I would choose that every time, yum yum!!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf