Author Topic: beaches  (Read 6095 times)

Offline honeycombe

beaches
« on: March 24, 2013, 23:17:36 PM »
Any opinions  and views on which are the nicest of the smaller beaches to be found if you carry straight on instead of going right into the Lagoon itself where the pay booth is?  thank you

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
Re: beaches
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2013, 23:23:01 PM »
We often go to Sugar beach which is the first one you come to.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2013, 09:31:00 AM »
Our son got married at Sugar Beach and it was lovely.  The thing I enjoyed after the wedding was staying over for the night and sitting having breakfast on the beach at 8.00am and we were the only people there apart from the staff.  It was beautiful.   
We could also recommend the food there, good restaurant.

Offline dycedon

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2013, 10:47:21 AM »
We were at sugar beach last Sept and was not impressed, very dirty, sunbedsand loungers all stained, very different from when we have visited it previously, let them know but didnt seem interested, so wont be going back im afraid.

Offline honeycombe

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2013, 11:06:59 AM »
Oh dear very different experiences on sugar beach then

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2013, 12:00:03 PM »
We did not use the sunloungers, but the seats and umbrellas for the wedding and the breakfast next morning where fine.  However, perhaps end of season the place for Dycedon was slowing down and not looking good.
We did visit Billy's Beach but did not like that at all, plus you have to walk through a load of caravans to get there.
Doodlebug, just go along and check out the beaches yourself and find a favourite.
In the meantime these are pictures taken at Sugar Beach
http://www.calis-beach.co.uk/forum/calis_and_area_members_photographs/sunset_wedding_photographs_48643.0.html

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2013, 14:22:10 PM »
Unfair evaluation, weddings and days out by the beach cannot be compared.  If you are using for the wedding dressed in finery you will not use the loungers covered in sand and oil, go to the beach to relax swim and soak up the sun then talking a whole different ball game.

Most beaches are much the same and can change hands from season to season yet they all lead to the same water, try them all, it is part of the enjoyment of discovery, what is good for you is not necessarily good for another.

Offline valleyboy

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2013, 14:36:37 PM »
Used to love Billy's (and still do to a point), however as his facilities are expanding to cater for more people, unfortunately the area of his beach isn't ! - the sunbeds are getting closer year by year, also I noticed last year a growing "beach front elite", capturing the frontal beds by staying in his new cabins (only fair I guess ) or by other means, so however early we set out from Fethiye for an "Olu" day, we were still lucky to get a front bed, but oh hum, it's still quite nice.

Last time we visited Sugar Beach it was very tatty, but again still like the laid back attitude there, step daughter getting married on Nicholas Beach this year, so give that a whirl, but as stated previously I guess weddings are different.   :)

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2013, 19:24:40 PM »
I've never liked Sugar Beach, much preferring to use Billy's but he's been getting greedy these past two or three years .  As Valleyboy said, lots more beds with very little space and a charge for them now too.  It's just too close for comfort for me.

Offline badger

• One of Scunner's best mates
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2013, 20:23:20 PM »

We had a nice day last year at Nicholas beach and the food was good.  8)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf