Author Topic: Midnight music switch off  (Read 9515 times)

Offline Sleuth

Midnight music switch off
« on: June 22, 2013, 06:24:50 AM »
Just returned from a mini break in Icemeler... There... smack on midnight and not a second past it   ALL music in bars  and clubs stops !!!!    excepting for the sound proofed night clubs.    Why oh why cant or wont Hisaronu adopt that law  ??? please dont label me a killjoy, if you want to `boogie on` go to a `soundproofed ` night club.. and let the rest of us sleep or appreciate the quietness.   Maybe next year when H comes under the Fethiye council etc... this law will be enforced... lets hope so

Offline retiredandlovingit

Re: Midnight music switch off
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2013, 07:23:48 AM »
A group of us went to the lovely Festival restaurant a couple of days ago,  but the noise coming from the Boat bar next door was deafening, it spoilt the evening and we wont return. Its such a shame to see Hisaronu the way it is now. I do hope your right Sleuth and someone changes things as its madness there now.

Offline Sleuth

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2013, 08:41:59 AM »
Have to agree.. its now the biggest talking point with most visitors here and ex pats who live here.. the boom boom noise level 100 metres from the centre mini roundabout in any direction is horrendous afterv9.15pm...complaints have been made but seem to fall on deaf ears  >:(   the bar staff and owners give no consideration to anything other than " play it loud, draw them in, and make a buck"  what they fail to realise though is,  each year they are helping to kill off Hisaronu as a holiday destination... I hear olu deniz at night is now close on the heels of Hisaronu as the noise volume increases over there :-(   
In the past I  have always defended Hisaronu from criticisms such as `Blackpool in the sky` and Hiroshima` and  other descriptions... but these last few years I  have to agree with those comments... its sad .. but as a local successful turkish business friend of ours recently said to us "" I have seen a change from ten years ago as to the type of person who now visit Hisaronu """ need I say any more :-(
Next year bookings to Turkey will be down further due to the international coverage of the police brutality and anti alchohol laws etc...   

Offline Ray1951

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2013, 08:47:10 AM »
From what I hear the 'powers that be' are introducing a new law which means that any bar/club/restaurant that play music of any kind, MUST have a licence and entertainers must also be licenced.  If this happens, many places will not be able to pound out the music that they do.  The midnight rule is seldom enforced and these clubs make so much money that they are quite prepared to take a fine but if these licenses are introduced it will affect the situation.

Offline littlereddevil

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2013, 09:09:53 AM »
They started that in Olu a few years back. Not sure if it still applies

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2013, 10:50:01 AM »
If the law is  indeed changed as they are planning, i.e no alcohol  to be advertised or sold within 100 yards of a mosque or school, don't concern yourselves with Hisaronu as it wont exist anymore.

Offline Sleuth

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2013, 16:04:05 PM »
someone mentioned  they are planning to move the mosque

Offline Sleuth

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2013, 16:13:09 PM »
woops   :D  I  mean build a new one away from the boom boom

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2013, 17:51:33 PM »
Cant really see a mosque been moved in such a highly religious country for alcohol  benefits can you  ;)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2013, 18:05:55 PM »
Can't disagree with Des on this one.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf