Author Topic: HELP!!!! Back spasms  (Read 3408 times)

Offline MandyH

• Newly Registered
HELP!!!! Back spasms
« on: June 25, 2013, 13:55:53 PM »
Hi everyone, I have never suffered with my back before but 3 wks ago I started having spasms in my lower back on the right hand side, the pain is incredible, never experienced anything like it! Went to the Esnaf hospital and had x rays - was prescribed anti-inflamatory injections twice a day and by tablet 3 times a day. This treatment just made me vomit all the time and did nothing for the pain. I had some tramadol from the UK and amitriptyline which help enormously but am running out fast and following a very slow walk down Çaliş beach front on Sunday I am now unable to walk again, in constant pain - does anyone know of a good private doctor here ??? Anti inflamatories are not going to help with this pain and I am terrified of taking all my tramadol !!!

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Re: HELP!!!! Back spasms
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2013, 14:09:09 PM »
There is a guy that does physio and sport injuries etc.,  He advertises in the local press.  I remember speaking to Dogan at the Mozaik Bahce who had used this guy and said he was very good.  Perhaps you could send Nichola a message and she will give you the guy's details.

Offline quackers

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 14:10:55 PM »
Go back to Esnaf and see the neurologıst Dr Metın and ask for an MRI. Costs about 350tl- 4450tl wıthout medıcal ınsurance. My frıend had the same problem and ıt was a ruptured dısc. Wıth rest and medıcatıon she was fıne but ıt took 4 weeks.

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2013, 15:54:43 PM »
I agree with quackers - find out exactly what is wrong first.

If you do require the services of someone then I can highly recommend Haydar and his number is 0542 233 17 78

He uses many techniques that are the same/similar to a chiropractor which will be appropriate if you have any problems with the spine.

Hope you sort out what's wrong soon.

Offline MandyH

• Newly Registered
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2013, 16:50:23 PM »
Thanks everyone for your advice, think I do need an MRI to find out exactly whats going on, taking all these meds can't be good for me either!

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2013, 17:25:25 PM »
Go back to Esnaf and see the neurologıst Dr Metın and ask for an MRI. Costs about 350tl- 4450tl wıthout medıcal ınsurance. My frıend had the same problem and ıt was a ruptured dısc. Wıth rest and medıcatıon she was fıne but ıt took 4 weeks.
That is some price range or is there an extra zero in there?

Offline blueclad

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2013, 18:55:21 PM »
ask the hospital for a Root Nerve Block the proceedure WILL find the problem nerve,  you will find a short video on You Tube root nerve block , trust me it does work ive had it done recently  also 50 mm  matrix   fentanyl  patches also help greatly

Offline quackers

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2013, 18:25:30 PM »
oops should be 450tl.

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
  • Location: Sunny Eastbourne by the sea aka Gods waiting room :)
  • Calis Beach - next best place to heaven...
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2013, 19:06:07 PM »
Why pay the extra at the Esnaf? The mri facilities at the Devlet are superb & a hell of a lot cheaper!

Offline quackers

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2013, 05:43:30 AM »
I agree the Devlet are much cheaper and very good facılıtıes. People seem to prefer the Esnaf and she had already been there.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf