Author Topic: Long bus trips.  (Read 8652 times)

Offline Findik

• Newly Registered
Re: Long bus trips.
« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2013, 12:15:21 PM »
I find that someone on the bus often wants to practice their English with me. Travelling on my own the bus company always make sure that the seat next to me is booked by another female. The long distance buses have tv screens in the back of the seats with headphones. Often programmes like 'You've Been Framed' that you don't need to understand the language. My last long journey a kurdish teenager asked to sit next to me so she could discuss her problem. Her mother was sending her away to live with an uncle as she wanted to get her away from her militant boyfriend. When she got off the bus a mother sat next to me with 3 young children and a baby. She had only booked 3 seats, so the 3 perfectly behaved children shared 2 seats while the baby was on mums lap but prefered to sit on my lap to look out the window, during 5 hours never cried once. (That was the baby not me). Also there are lots of comfort stops at some very well appointed centres managed by the various bus companies. Even though some of the bus journeys are very long the time seems to go faster than a short airline flight and there is plenty to look at out of the bus window.

Offline Findik

• Newly Registered
« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2013, 12:21:34 PM »

Offline cef

• Prolific Member
« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2013, 12:35:48 PM »
  :) Wonderful photo's & a lovely insight into your journey's Findik, thank you  :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf