Author Topic: selling translation  (Read 6199 times)

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
selling translation
« on: September 25, 2013, 13:30:16 PM »
Selling a property to Turkish people, as there is at the moment only one official translator allowed at the Tapu office, why would we want to pay the translator?  We are well aware what our Tapu states, so why do we need to pay a translator. zero's are the same in any language.   ;)

We have paid 20Tl each for the Notary translator to translate our passports, 120Tl to the Notary. When do we pay his mother and father, and I am sure there is a cousin or 2 to pay also  ;)

Offline SteveJ

Re: selling translation
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2013, 07:06:40 AM »
As the old saying goes - "When in Rome expect to be ripped off by the Romans"   ;)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2013, 08:20:37 AM »
I think having to pay a translator is vaguely reassuring. More importantly, why insist on getting people to pay to have their passport translated into Turkish? Passports are bleedin obvious - there's hardly any information on them - I could understand a Turkish or Swedish one easily. Once you get past the fact that my name isn't 23rd April 1966 and my name is unlikely to be 'British', you're almost home and dry  ;)

Best regards
23rd April 1966

Offline yabanci

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2013, 09:10:41 AM »
Passports are bleedin obvious

Which is how the Belediye have changed my wifes middle name from Maria to Citizen on our Council Tax bills.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2013, 09:22:48 AM »
Trust me they make similar mistakes on Turkish people's bills too.

Offline quackers

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2013, 13:18:04 PM »
Electrıc company even changed my husbands sex. His name is Norman they changed it to Norma.

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2013, 13:57:01 PM »
Electrıc company even changed my husbands sex. His name is Norman they changed it to Norma.

Hmmmm, bedtimes must be exciting in your home, Quackers,   ;) :angel:

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2013, 15:51:54 PM »
The "Official" translator arrived at the Tapu office today, torn blue shorts, ripped white Tshirt with some logo for Whisky on the front. 

His job, shake hands, show us a copy of the buyers contract Tapu confirming the address, which of course we could have confirmed without him, confirm our photographs, again we did manage to recognise ourselves, point to the photo of the buyer, this caused us some concern as there was a photo of a man we had never met, we were informed that the ladies photo was the buyer, no problem there she was stood by us, the man when we questioned was the man stood at the end of the desk in jeans and stripy Tshirt was the Banks lawyer signing onbehalf of the bank for the mortgage.  we signed our names across the photos, shook hands again paying 50TL for the privildge. This took from 9am to 12pm plus a few mins, in the meantime the buyer had to run around paying taxes, stamps etc.  Then to the bank to be told they do not have enough money, come back at 2.30pm arrived back at 2.30pm to be told that the Tax office not releasing payment.
One house sold, new owner has Tapu and we have no money,  maybe tomorrow morning 9.30am 
Great, would we do it all again, leave that to you.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2013, 16:40:45 PM »
Selling a property to Turkish people, as there is at the moment only one official translator allowed at the Tapu office, why would we want to pay the translator?  We are well aware what our Tapu states, so why do we need to pay a translator. zero's are the same in any language.    ;)
Dunno why you're making such a fuss Lorraine, its *always* been the case that a foreigner must have an official translator present when carrying out transactions at the Noters - I think its a legal requirement though don't ask me the law number.  Everyone knows its money for old rope in most instances but that's the way its done.

JF

Offline Marggie

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2013, 20:12:57 PM »
Happy for you 'cause you have sold but where will you go from here?  Is your love affair with Turkey over or will you still come on holiday?  I think my hubby is starting to get a bit restless and wants to spend more time in the UK.  What they decide for April 2014 regarding residency will probably make our minds up.  We took residency so we could come when it suited us but we might work around the 90/180 day visa in the future.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf