Author Topic: Lostprophets' Ian Watkins  (Read 5233 times)

Offline Piscoe

Re: Lostprophets' Ian Watkins
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2013, 13:18:09 PM »
Whilst I understand your point of view UBT I am unsure as to whether I totally agree. I am a firm believer that we should suffer the full consequences of our actions. It is one of the main building blocks of civilisation. When I say consequences I mean punishment that befits the severity of the crime. Sending someone to a cushy jail for a long time where there is an army of human rights people ensuring they are cared for very well with most modern luxuries doesn't do it for me I'm afraid.

If our jails were facilities where the inmates are invited to work hard for the very basics of food and shelter then I think it might begin to start making sense. Whilst not working for their keep they should be made to sit and silently reflect on the crime(s) they have committed and the harm they have caused. I would venture however that someone like Ian Watkins, like a deranged animal is beyond rehabilitation and should be simply put to sleep for his own good.

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2013, 13:31:26 PM »
Piscoe did I advocate that jail should be a soft cushy number?  No I didn't, nor do I believe that it should be so, but I draw the line at going to prison for punishment, particularly some sort of vigilante punishment by other prisoners, rather than as it should be as a punishment in itself through the loss of liberty, rights, and the privileges of a civilised society

And let's not sugar coat these things, he's not the family pet whose time has sadly come that he should be put to sleep.  You want the State to kill him on your behalf, that's what you want and you should say so, let's not get socially liberal in our interpretation on what is being advocated here.

Is it possible to sugar coat ones pitchfork?  ;)

Offline teetee

• Travel broadens your mind......and your waist!
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2013, 13:55:47 PM »
UBT in your case I am sure you can sugar coat yours  ;)

He will suffer at the hands of someone in prison who thinks that he has crossed a line and should be punished, even though the person making this decision is most likely in a similar situation and not in a position to take the "law" in to their own hands and administer the punishment that they feel Watkins deserves, a good beating or murder.

As we do not have the death penalty and are unlikely to get it I strongly believe that those in prison should not have the comforts that they appear to have and should be kept in the most basic manner possible. This will not happen and most prisons are run in such a way as to not unset the inmates hence the proliferation of drugs etc

Make prison a punishment it should be and not the way it is.

Offline Piscoe

« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2013, 14:00:24 PM »
UBT, I do believe there are such crimes that should be defined as sub-human and as such the perpetrators should be treated in that manner. A court can order an animal to be put to sleep (for the avoidance of doubt I mean kill so as not to "sugar coat" ;) so I would like to see the death penalty introduced for those who commit such terrible crimes.

No you didn't advocate jails should be a cushy number but they are and thats a fact. So much so that they fail to offer punishment even for far lesser crimes than what we are talking about here so are in fact unfit for purpose. The only loss inmates suffer is liberty and even then the actual sentence served is about a third. They don't lose rights nor do they lose privileges of a civilised society. On that basis do you not agree that the system we have today does not work?

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2013, 15:26:59 PM »
Give me a pitchfork and access to Ian Brady and i'll show you how to make the punishment fit the crime,
but I think I would have to take my place in the queue.
He's slaughtered 5 kids, claims to have slaughtered 4 adults, wrecked the lives of his victims families,
bleated about HIS rights, laughed at the rest of us and cost us an absolute fortune.
He should have been buried alive on the moors 12 months after his victims.

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2013, 15:40:16 PM »
Not sure how Brady segued into this thread but worth remembering that he hated his life sentence, tried taking his own life several times, went to court for the right to do so.  I suppose the difference was that he knew his life sentence was a life sentence.  Some liberals might even view that keeping Brady alive all this time was a 'cruel and unusual punishment', so you didn't need a pitchfork Kevin, it looks like his punishment did fit the crime.

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2013, 18:36:04 PM »
His victims parents and families suffered far more than him UBT.

The connection with Ian Watkins is 2 b##stards destroying kids
so I make no apology.          ;)

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2013, 00:50:30 AM »
Just wait for like minded ,evil, sick b*****ds "inter- trading" his bands DVD's for exorbitant, sick amounts of money, in some kind of paedophilic hero worshipping cult !!

And finally, UBT, do you have ANY belief in The Bible ?? just asking mind, but WOULD like an answer.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf