Author Topic: 90/180 day rule  (Read 5644 times)

Offline jsp51

90/180 day rule
« on: July 10, 2014, 16:02:01 PM »
 Bit of a long story but worth telling I think.
We came to Turkey in early March and we had to go back 6th May. My residency was up 15th May so because of the, then 15 day rule I did not have time to renew it, no problem I though we are coming back again 28th May I will get an evisa and come in on that. My partners residency is up in September so I thought as we were going home 10th July and returning later on I would use the evisa and then we could both renew together in September.
Got to passport control last night and I was told I had overstayed my visa, he showed me his screen and there is a facility on there that counts the days you have been in the country on a rolling basis for the last 180 days. Mine had shown 100 days in the last 180 so they said I would be fined. I said that the first holiday in March-May had been covered by my residency and my evisa was dated as commencing about 23rd May. After some discussion and a few phone calls he asked if I had my old residency book which fortunately I did. He checked the expiry date and he removed the days before that date from my rolling total and stamped my passport and let me through.
So if you have previously had residency and now using visa make sure you have your old book with you, and also this does confirm that entry is monitored on a 180 rolling basis

Offline Marggie

Re: 90/180 day rule
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2014, 19:14:00 PM »
Thanks very much for your informative post. 

Our Residency will run out 29 March next year and at the moment we have no plans to renew.  Our intention is to come in early April on a 90/180 day Visa - I have been wondering what will happen when we leave mid June because using the count back 180 days we will have exceeded the 90 day rule as we will still be in Turkey in January 2015 on our Residency Permit.

Thanks for clearing this up for us.  Obviously we will have our old Permit with us and hope that whoever we get interprets it the same way.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2014, 19:47:19 PM »
It may surprise you to know that the Pasaport Polis have a very sophisticated computer system and they can resolve any queries about visas and residency very quickly.

Offline Hamlet

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2014, 20:00:03 PM »
Doesn't surprise me at all KKOB, I have said for ages that technology in Turkey if far more advanced than in the in the UK. 8)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2014, 20:20:45 PM »
 A friend of ours lost her passport a couple of years ago and, after getting a temporary one from the British Consulate, she was concerned about her visa entries. She went to the local Pasaport Polis offices and within a few minutes they gave her a print-out of her every entry and exit date over the previous 10 years.

Offline Gordon Smith

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2014, 10:01:57 AM »
I am travelling out to Calis again in September and my current E Visa runs out the day before I fly back. Any suggestions ?. Can I apply for a new Visa, ie have 2, or apply for a new one to commence whilst I am away for my return trip. Thanks in advance.

Offline Gordon Smith

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2014, 21:52:54 PM »
As it turns out I have just applied for a new E Visa for my arrival in September and just printed it off.

Offline bells

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2014, 15:02:59 PM »
My e visa runs out on 16th October and I arrive on 15th. I was hoping just to apply for a new one. I think you have just answered my question. Thanks.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2014, 08:08:28 AM »
Here we go again be really grateful if someone can tell me if I can go in to Turkey on one visa and leave on another if I have not had the 90 days... For example my current visa expires on the 11th October if I wanted to travel on say the 5th Oct and leave on the 13th Oct could I apply online for a new one and leave on the new one I do not want to encounter any problems at Dalaman...
Maybe some other members have already done this? Many thanks for any advice.... 

Offline DianaJ

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2014, 18:18:30 PM »
Another visa query I applied for visa for my daughter for our trip in July and we are now coming back out in October, problem is since we came home she has had to get a new passport as there wouldn't  have been 6 months left on the passport  on our return early November . do I apply for a new visa with new passport details as the visa  I have has old passport number on it . can you have 2 visa running at the same time ?   

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf