Author Topic: Hello  (Read 2100 times)

Offline gt

Hello
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2005, 19:39:03 PM »
hi john and marg
                loved the comments,it when you see posts like that it starts to make you think.
One tip come with an open mind then give a post impression of what you feel.I am sure you will give a better account than the first one.Have a great holiday and i will wait for your post.
graham/joanne

Offline kanga

Hello
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2005, 22:29:40 PM »
hi john and marg,
judge for yourself,you wont be dissapointed
kanga

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
Hello
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2005, 20:43:29 PM »
Hi John & Marg
We are Ken and Sue and bought an apartment in Calis last September. We have had two off season weeks in January and April and cannot wait to visit when everything is swinging.
My family and I sat on the beach during the second week in April (26 Deg C - even went in the sea) on our own and marvelled at it's beauty. I learned of the Forum from a kind neighbour during the April visit and have become addicted.
I reckon that the whinges must be outnumbered 1000 to 1 by the praises.
I hope your hol in September proved this.
Cheers
   Ken & Sue

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
Hello
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2005, 19:23:09 PM »
Hi John and Marg. Just felt compelled to add to whats been written above. We have been coming to Calis since '89 mostly twice a year( sometimes 3 but sadly only rarely!) and I dont think we have ever found anything to complain about- well we wouldnt keep going back or have bought our own place. The existence and success of this site is testament to the popularity of the place. We will be there the first 2 weeks of September too and find this time of year to be very pleasant , not too hot( still hot though) and not too crowded( though still lively) Go, see for yourself and enjoy!
« Last Edit: July 21, 2005, 19:24:37 PM by Cavfan »

Offline valentine

• Prolific Member
Hello
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2005, 20:02:05 PM »

Hi John and Marj and welcome to the forum. I can only echo whats been said so eloquently before me. We were on the beach last week and it was most definately clean! The view over the islands is breathtaking especially at sunset (don't miss that!). Prices are still very cheap compared to the UK, and if you eat in some of the lokantas away from the sea front you'll be astounded at the prices. Please come with an open mind, I personally am madly in love with the place, we've just come back from our 3rd visit this year and are back again in September and I can't wait until we take early retirement so that we can spend a lot more time there! Enjoy your holiday!

Val

Offline canalman

• Aged Headbanger
Hello
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2005, 05:30:26 AM »
Hi John and Marg, welcome to the forum and have a good time when you visit. Do also look at all the positive things that are said on the forum as IMHO they far outweigh the negative ones. There is an ongoing scheme to control the stray dog population by catching them and then neutering, injecting and tagging them and in my experience the ones on the front are friendly except to motor bikes or any other vehicle. As most of the other members have said, please visit and see for yourselves and then decide.
Pete and Sue

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Hello
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2005, 11:15:37 AM »
One night recently (after too many Efes - or so I'm told)I managed to lose Maggie's mobile phone. I assumed I had dropped it in the taxi that we got from Fethiye to our villa.

Four days later I realised the driver had given me his card. I got Salim from Fet Cap to ring him and he agreed to return the phone to me if I paid for the taxi fare from Fethiye to Calis - something which I agreed to without question.

When he arrived with the phone he was most upset, knowing that he had given me his card but I had not phoned him for four days to claim the phone back. He hugged me like a long lost friend.

In York two years ago, Maggie did the same thing with our digital camera. We realised immediately and phoned the taxi firm within half an hour of getting out of the cab. The answer was that the driver had picked up one fair since he left us and the camera was nowhere to be seen!

Take it as you find it, John and Sue. The area is lovely, the people are lovely and the positives far outweigh any negatives. Nowhere on earth is perfect but Calis at sunset has a damn good try!

Stoop 8)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2005, 16:09:08 PM by stoop »

Offline doll

Hello
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2005, 03:30:05 AM »
its true there are some problems in turkey
but the beautiful countryside and climate far outstrip  them
it will be very hot when you come for holidays be prepared keep in the shade and drink plenty of fluids
you will have a great holiday.let us know when you have both been good and bad points,
welcome to cb forum

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf