Author Topic: More handouts from UK tax-payers to NON-EU member country .. TURKEY !!!!  (Read 2776 times)

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
A " back-door " decision by the EU has made it possible for Turks who move to the UK in order to work, ( how do they manage that ,for a start ?), to claim ALL available benefits, for them & their family, AND send them back to Turkey !!   So much for " reciprocity " between Turkey & the UK !!                                                                                                 
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2882218/UK-loses-bid-opt-benefits-deal-Turkey-Ruling-lead-higher-spending-welfare-payments-pensions-immigrants.html?login#readerCommentsCommand-message-field

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Re: More handouts from UK tax-payers to NON-EU member country .. TURKEY !!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2014, 19:11:58 PM »
Ludicrous  >:(

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2014, 19:44:33 PM »
But not surprising.    >:( >:(

Offline quackers

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2014, 06:50:20 AM »
It says Turks who are allowed to come to Britain to WORK not many of them will be allowed too, its difficult for them to leave Turkey and the costs are high so not many will be able to afford it . It also says that any pensions that they have built up they will be able to take back to their own country if they choose to retire there. Does not say they can take famıly benefits back to Uk just says they will be entitled to family benefits. WORK is the main word in this document. Sounds OK to me.

Offline LeeGlo

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2014, 16:57:35 PM »
I think the key word which prompted Gordon A's point on reciprosity was "WORK", if Turks are allowed to work in the UK, and recieve benefits accordingly, why are British/UK citizens not allowed to work in Turkey?

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2014, 17:05:28 PM »
Foreigners are allowed to work in Turkey; as long as they fit the necessary profile and are properly accredited. The same is true for Turks in the UK. Don't let's build a scandal out of simple misunderstanding of the rules.

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2014, 01:45:11 AM »
Foreigners are allowed to work in Turkey; as long as they fit the necessary profile and are properly accredited. The same is true for Turks in the UK. Don't let's build a scandal out of simple misunderstanding of the rules.
Colwyn, I never usually take issue with your normally competent comments, my friend, but on this occasion I feel I must. Where else in this abortion of an idea that is the EU, can ANYONE who is able to reach our shores, pick up a bundle of " magazines " called The BIG Issue, stand on a street corner to sell said " magazine ", thus giving that person the status of being " Legally Self Employed "?? Through personal experience & knowledge of the BIG Issue , this is the loophole that is used by Turks who , somehow, find their way to our country, exploit this loophole, & then are able to form a system of gang culture in many of our cities, forcing British sellers of the self-same " magazine " to give up that franchise, under fear of physical beating , or worse !! Yet, as I said, it is a nightmare for any foreigner, Germans excepted, to be allowed to be in legal, gainful employment in Turkey !! I use this particular " magazine ", purely as an example of the disparity between the ease of Turks being allowed to work in this country, & the total, absolute lack of reciprocity shown by Turkey to all foreigners , except German Nationals !!

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2014, 08:53:46 AM »
Interesting post Gordon, I'd never once considered the big issue loophole, I guess any foreigner could then claim to be a self employed window cleaner or scrap metal collector? I know you can be a business owner here in Turkey but strangely not allowed to actually work in the business you own. Thankfully, the years of work are long behind me, otherwise it really would be a nightmare trying to survive here.

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2014, 09:34:48 AM »
Gordon, I have heard of this Big Issue "loophole"; I have also heard people pour scorn on it as a Daily Mail version of reality. I don't know enough about it to make up my mind. If those are the rules then Turks can follow them. My main point was that it is possible for foreigners to work in Turkey. Having spent (far too much) time in hospital in Marmaris I can tell you that the staff of the Ahu Hetmen Hospital: International Unit are Scandinavian. CBF members Starman and JohnF have worked for many years is Istanbul and I would not accuse them of being "illegals". I realize Turkey makes all sorts of restrictions and puts difficulties in the way of foreigners working but people can and do manage it.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf