Author Topic: Internet and TV  (Read 2860 times)

Offline Kevin Sowten

• Newly Registered
Internet and TV
« on: January 14, 2015, 19:53:13 PM »
Our residency is imminent so we will soon be signing up for broadband and also want UK TV.
What is the best route - streaming TV through the internet or internet with a satellite TV package ?
Some idea of cost, channels available and reliability of providers would also be useful.

Ta !!!

Offline WordBird

• What's the worst that could happen?
Re: Internet and TV
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2015, 20:59:23 PM »
I'd think about how much you actually intend to watch, and which channels.
We use our internet connection to stream UK channels and catch-up, connecting the laptop to the TV.
We don't really watch much so it does us as far as current stuff goes; haven't missed anything else at all.

In the UK we had zillions of channels and only watched a handful so streamlining worked for us!

Offline Kevin Sowten

• Newly Registered
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2015, 04:43:37 AM »
We only had Freeview in UK and watched very little TV - news, sport, strictly, bake off ( and no soaps !!!!)
Had the full sky suite when the kids were young but again watched few channels myself.
Streaming has always been option one but just wondered what deals are available and who are the favoured
providers (price and reliability wise)

Offline snowtop

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2015, 09:11:12 AM »
I watch everything streamed from my PC to my TV. I got rid of Digiturk 4 years  ago and for me it was my best move.

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2015, 11:19:59 AM »
Streaming is best and use one of these boys http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ULTIMATE-MX-2-Android-Smart-Mini-PC-TV-Box-WIFI-fully-rooted-Free-Movies-Adult-/131157268825 these are widely available but this company has the best service in terms of backup and update.  If nothing more you get all the channels you should ever want, and at no additional ongoing cost, and you free up the laptop.

Offline DANKY

• Never red
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2015, 14:33:21 PM »
thanks usedbustickets looks  promising as i get fed up keep taking my sky box to be updated when im over there, would you know how much data this uses as we run our wifi from a turkcell PAYG dongle or would you recommend having Wifi installed ?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf