Author Topic: Make me feel better!!  (Read 3628 times)

Offline Roy Salmon

Make me feel better!!
« on: March 03, 2015, 10:26:58 AM »
For a number of years now the membership have provided me with help and assistance
which I have most appreciated. I have now reached a time when I need to be happy to know that as I approach the last few miles of my life my son will not be let down by inadequate advice that I have gained by well meaning both legal and lay people from Turkey.

This month my Son will be over meeting up with my bank and getting to know how things
work! My request to you kind people is having all the appropriate paperwork, Will etc I would
like to sit around a table with my son and an English speaking independent legal person in
Fethiye to clarify that all is correct and faultless! as over the years I have heard of so many sad stories of poor advice.

Thanks again for any help.

Roy Salmon   

Offline Phil

Re: Make me feel better!!
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2015, 11:08:01 AM »
What I intend to do is pop off to the local Noter (no legal advice required) and grant my son everlasting Power of Attorney to sell my property.

If I am unable to be around in Turkey to sell my property either because of ill health or lack of breathing, then he will be able to deal with the sale.

No wills, no legal advice, no officialdom.
I may, or may not, be around to let you know if it works out OK.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2015, 11:17:01 AM »
Wouldn't do any harm to have a chat with Şule Beder (sulebr@gmail.com).  She can explain how you stand from a legal perspective and from past experience, along with many others on here, I know she'll tell you how it is... with no bullsh1t!

The POA route is one way to go - we have the same, although our assets in Turkey are fairly minimal now. 

There are advantages and disadvantages in doing it that way, far better to get proper advice that relates directly to your circumstances (what works for one may not another) and decide for yourself.

JF

Offline buddy

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2015, 23:17:26 PM »
I was under the impression that POA ceases on the death of the person. Is it possible to have 'everlasting' POA in Turkey?

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2015, 23:20:00 PM »
Is it possible to have 'everlasting' POA in Turkey?

Only if the other party is unaware that the person who granted the POA is no longer with us, so to speak...

JF

Offline mac2010

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2015, 12:33:04 PM »
The only way to make sure for certain that everything goes to your son and you do not have any issues later is to put the tapu under his name and to open a bank account under his name with you as a drawer on it.That way if and when things happen in the future the Turkish Government can not involve themselves.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2015, 12:53:32 PM »
Exactly my thoughts. "Sell" the property to your son now. Obviously there will be fees involved, but it'll make it far easier for him in the future.

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2015, 14:21:01 PM »
Take a leaf out of KKOB's book, & live forever, he is approaching 132 years young now !!   :D ???

Offline Roy Salmon

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2015, 16:10:04 PM »
Thanks all for your advice. Will be in Fethiye from the 23rd and will check it all out.

Thanks again.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf