Author Topic: Nevada Hotel  (Read 8466 times)

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
Re: Nevada Hotel
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2015, 12:13:58 PM »
We always recommend the Nevada and we have booked it for have said that it is a good hotel, clean with great .  However, look to booking through Travel Republic or someone similar, as their rates are usually better than booking direct, strange I know but that is the way it happens.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2015, 14:36:25 PM »
I looked at the Nevada for our "traditional" week in October, after several friends stayed and liked it. We liked what we read about it but the one thing that put us off was the distance from the beach and main street/bridge. The girls will be 15 this visit and will probably want a bit more freedom to come and go as they please without the parents. I would worry about them having to cross that dual carriageway and also if they wanted to go back to the hotel after dark, we couldn't let them walk up those unlit lanes alone. It's a shame because it does look very nice.

So the Oykun it will be for us again  :)

Offline Christie

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2015, 17:50:57 PM »
The roads leading up to the hotel are all lit at night - must admit I was worried about walking back at night, but it was all well lit by street lamps.  However, i would agree, it might not be suitable for 2 young girls walking on their own.  Also agree, booking through Sunshine or Travel Republic much cheaper than booking direct. 

Offline tamd

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2015, 19:55:49 PM »
What makes it a little bit special is that lovely Eylem works there!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2015, 20:26:07 PM »
That is indeed a big positive

Offline KIP

• Newly Registered
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2015, 14:58:08 PM »
What makes it a little bit special is that lovely Eylem works there!

Could not agree more! I corresponded with her on Facebook before I came, she's extremely helpful   :)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2015, 17:16:57 PM »
We stay not far from the Nevada we are about 5 minutes walk further on and in the evenings, we get a taxi down to the prom, we always use the same guy. It cost 6 lira each way(up to last year) we always give him a ring when we are ready to come back and he is always there in a few minutes. 
So Scunner, if you ever want to stay at the Nevada, I can pass the taxi driver's number on to you to pick up the girls.

Offline scorcher

« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2015, 17:59:00 PM »
 Has he signed an exclusivity agreement with you or can anybody use him? I think we should be told......  ;D

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2015, 18:27:35 PM »
That is really kind of you Jacqui re Scunner,s girls using your taxi driver if they ever stay at Nevada Su...
I agree with you Scunner re not wanting them to walk thst area if it were dark, that road that leads to the Pelin down from Nevada is where a flasher (well he was doing more then flashing) has been spotted this year already...

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2015, 18:35:30 PM »
A lot of the yellow cab drivers give you their phone numbers.  We got our guy's number from our neighbours in Calis a few years ago now.  We find him very reliable and friendly. He brought his beautiful (I mean that) wife one night in the taxi to meet us.  We have even been to his house to see his baby.  So we are very confident to use him and know he would look after Scunner's family. 

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf