Author Topic: Pensions for expats  (Read 4497 times)

Offline johnrc

Pensions for expats
« on: July 02, 2015, 21:11:49 PM »
 I've  just been reading on the bbc news website that the Torys are planning to lock down certain expat pensions that means your pension will not leave the UK you will have to go home to get your pension rights this is a real threat to most expats that rely on their pensions to pay their bills abroad , instead of sorting out the banks that caused the whole problems they pick on people who can't fight back & have worked most of their lives to get a better life for themselves , so all you people who voted these cranks to power hope you now know what you have done

Offline apollo

Re: Pensions for expats
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2015, 21:32:06 PM »
OK , we will just wander back to the UK and clog up the NHS just to get our rights.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 10:16:25 AM by apollo »

Offline Kevin Sowten

• Newly Registered
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2015, 05:14:47 AM »
Can you post a link please johnrc.
The only article that I have seen (Telegraph Mar 22) concerned 'anti fraud' measures. You are going to have to prove that you are still alive to continue claiming your pension by submitting a signed form regularly.

Offline Kevin Sowten

• Newly Registered
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2015, 07:12:16 AM »
UK pensioners living overseas need to stay on top of their paperwork, or they'll lose their state pension. On a regular basis, expats aged over 75 receive forms from the Department of Work and Pensions, asking them to prove they are still alive. Each time, they have just nine months to complete forms and send them back. If they miss the deadline, the government will assume they have passed away, and their pension will be cut off. (AOL)

Offline Phil

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2015, 09:01:47 AM »
I'd like to see the link for this as well........
The only references I have seen are about preventing Pension Frauds and the cranks should be applauded for doing so.

Offline LeeGlo

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2015, 09:30:21 AM »
This "proof of life" form for state pensioners was talked about last year. I already get one every year from my Staffs County Coucil Pension. The only problem is finding someone suitable to complete it for me, currently the very nice chemist in Fethiye does it.

Offline johnrc

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2015, 11:17:25 AM »
hi Phil ,it is on the bbc news channel, if you can't find it there try expatspensionreview.com hope you can find it ,regards john

Offline quackers

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2015, 12:31:34 PM »
Same here Lee Glo have a proof of lıfe form every year as well

Offline quackers

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2015, 12:40:08 PM »
Its about takıng/transferrıng your pensıon abroad and expats pensıon revıew ıs a company who can show you how to get round ıt. My pensıon stays ın the UK so no problem for me.

Offline Phil

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2015, 13:01:15 PM »
Struggling to find anything that says or implies "you will have to go home to get your pension rights" .......................

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf