Author Topic: Ankara Explosion  (Read 8762 times)

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
Re: Ankara Explosion
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2016, 22:33:55 PM »

Terrible,  and for what. ??       :(

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2016, 16:02:48 PM »
My apologies only one soldier is from Fethiye..

Offline fernando torres

« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2016, 23:40:42 PM »
One soldier is one too many, God bless him,the world has gone mad

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2016, 07:03:21 AM »
Totally agree the world has gone mad...
I read an articleon fb ( its intention was not to scare monger) about a group,who intend to target tourist area ( not isis) i cant remember the name but will look for the article in a bit, there are a lot of people on certain fb groups who are getting annoyed with people posting and asking if Turkey is safe to go to this season some poor young girl got some not very nice comments when she asked...
I admit after this week's bombings I too am very worried about going this year ( which totally gutts me) and more so after reading this article...
I do believe some folk on certain face book groups are burying their heads in the sand...

Offline davybill

« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2016, 09:48:55 AM »
Why do you think that Karennina?

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2016, 10:52:27 AM »
The group is called TAK they are threatening tourists in Turkey...
I think I did not word what I meant very well Daveybill, what i was trying to say was some fb groups are saying its perfectly safe etc to travel to Turkey and terrorism could happen anywhere ( which i agree it can) but myself I dont believe Turkey is as safe as some folk WANT to believe it is...

Of course we all want to think of it as paradise etc but the reality is this group not sure if they are a new group or been around for ages, some one who has more knowledge of all this kind of thing may be able to give us some info on them are making threats re tourists in Turkey and whilst i will be the first to put my hands up and admit I am one of lifes worriers these threats are all reality...
If anyone wants to read the article i shall try to copy and paste the link...

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2016, 11:05:04 AM »
http://news.yahoo.com/militant-kurdish-group-linked-pkk-claims-ankara-attack-172406280.html
Here is the link i hope it has worked im not too techy...
My intention is defo not to scaremonger it is so people can make their own decision/ choice on whether to travel to Turkey...I am going to be so gutted if we end up choosing not to as Turkey is my second home but I want to be able to relax on holiday not be on edge...

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2016, 11:09:29 AM »
TAK (Kurdish Freedom Falcons) have been operational in Turkey since 2004. They are an extremist breakaway from the PKK. They have claimed responsibility for the recent Ankara bombings. It has said it targets tourist resorts but the times it has actually done so were in 2005 in Cesme and Kusadasi and 2006 in Marmaris and Antalya. Of course, it is an individual choice whether people are deterred from visiting Turkey because of this group, but I have visited Marmaris on a day trip every year since 2005 and not been worried about it.

Offline davybill

« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2016, 15:00:32 PM »
Well i think people like me that live in Calis and Fethiye,wouldnt stay here if we realy felt threatend,
but evryone has their own choice,

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2016, 15:09:24 PM »
Yes, I suppose it is a bit odd to read posts from prospective holidaymakers saying that where you live is too frightening to go for a fortnight. I laughed when the New York Tomes told its readers that the road Hilary and I regularly walk down and back to get to our favourite local restaurant (Moroccan) was "the most dangerous street in Europe".

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf