Author Topic: Not having much luck with restaurants this year. Kerim  (Read 3826 times)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Not having much luck with restaurants this year. Kerim
« on: May 19, 2016, 19:59:54 PM »
Never been to this restaurant before, The Kerim, went last night  Lovely Staff, very quick service, but, a woman in front of our table chain smoking and then six people right behind us, every one smoking and all inside the place. One member of our party is a smoker, but she always goes outside for a cigarette. We would not return as the place seems to favour smokers and forgets about those who do not smoke. 
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 20:13:00 PM by Jacqui Harvey »

Offline chris35

• Newly Registered
Re: Not having much luck with restaurants this year. Kerim
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2016, 12:44:40 PM »
Never been to this restaurant before, The Kerim, went last night  Lovely Staff, very quick service, but, a woman in front of our table chain smoking and then six people right behind us, every one smoking and all inside the place. One member of our party is a smoker, but she always goes outside for a cigarette. We would not return as the place seems to favour smokers and forgets about those who do not smoke.

So so agree Jaquie. I cant stand this either. If its outside then that's fair enough,but inside is a different matter.

Offline Derek3759

• Newly Registered
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2016, 13:22:46 PM »
Yep Jacqueline it puts you right off your meal and its inconsiderate

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2016, 18:02:36 PM »
A real pet hate of mine - along with topless diners (men)

Offline Christie

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2016, 19:01:11 PM »
Would absolutely hate that - cannot understand why people smoke whilst others are eating - so inconsiderate.  I often wonder if you asked them politely if they would refrain from smoking whilst you are eating, whether they would or would you just get a mouthful ?

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2016, 20:27:58 PM »
In my experience Christie it is unfortunately the latter.  Still I don't care this usually allows me to not be polite and lay into the inconsiderate barks with all guns blazing. ;D ;D

I thought that this loophole in the Turkish smoking laws which allows people to smoke in the 'covered areas' in bars and restaurants was going to change this year to be the same as inside the building, but it doesn't look like it is happening anywhere round here.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf