Author Topic: Dolmuses  (Read 8457 times)

Offline davybill

Dolmuses
« on: July 31, 2016, 16:19:05 PM »
Will they stop at designated areas? as from tomorrow, 1st ofAugust.
the Dolmuses are only allowed to stop. or pick up people from the stops with a big D on.

Offline Lotty

Re: Dolmuses
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2016, 18:01:48 PM »
I would imagine it will be mostly ignored! There's so much competition to get the most people crammed onto their dolmus' (dolmi)? They will most probably carry on as before? Interesting   ;)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2016, 18:08:04 PM »
Does anyone take any notice of Rules and Regulations in Turkey?   

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2016, 18:10:30 PM »
the Dolmuses are only allowed to stop. or pick up people from the stops with a big D on.
Is this a Belediye decision or a national regulation?

Offline Menthol

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2016, 19:40:51 PM »
There are now two types of dolmus in the area.

The newer style ones are the recently introduced Belediye dolmus and the older style are still the privately owned co-operative dolmus.

As I have a car and think the last time I caught a dolmus was over 3 years ago, that's as much as I know.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2016, 21:00:50 PM »
The new ones they can keep, hate them so hard wen u have bags of shopping and are old like me to have to try and negioate getting to a seat at the back if others are full nightmare!
If your in the low seats its hard to see where you are in readiness to get off.
We were on the Karagozler one going to Yacht Classic, it was a boiling hot day the bus was packed, the driver was fairly motoring along, we werent sure exactly where we would need to get off luckily Derek us tall so he said were here, i got up and as I did my carrier bag broke and all our cans of efes and bottles of water were rolling round the floor pf the bus, luckiky some young Turkish lad helped me pick them all up and fortunately the driver waited for us to do so so i could then get off!
Another day we were on the low seats another boiling hot day and some young Turkish mother had a quite young baby strapped to her back who she was trying to get round to her front as it was in danger of being squashed, soooo hot and baby was in an all in one thing a blanket, the mother managed this manoverue somehow whilst im holding on to her so her and little baba dont go shooting off down the bus!
Seriously though I cant believe what I see some of the babies all wrapped up in the sweltering heat! Sorry iv gone off topic slightly!  :)

Offline davybill

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2016, 08:40:26 AM »
There are now two types of dolmus in the area.

The newer style ones are the recently introduced Belediye dolmus and the older style are still the privately owned co-operative dolmus.

As I have a car and think the last time I caught a dolmus was over 3 years ago, that's as much as I know.

All the old ones have disappeared around Calis.

Offline davybill

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2016, 08:44:30 AM »
Is this a Belediye decision or a national regulation?
Don't know,but there is a sign in all the Dolmuses in Turkish and English stating this.

Offline yabanci

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2016, 09:47:30 AM »
Also the price has gone up today from 2TL to 2.50.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2016, 10:24:59 AM »

Seem to recall that they tried this before, three maybe four years ago.  Didn't make the slightest difference to the Karagozler/Tasyaka dolmus drivers, at least not in Karagozler.  Only time they seemed to observe the rules was dropping off in town, still picked up between stops.

JF

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf