Author Topic: UK General Election/Brexit  (Read 5014 times)

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: UK General Election/Brexit
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2018, 16:13:31 PM »
If indeed manufactured in the UK, it is licensed from the Netherlands  ;)

Without carrying out an in depth study, to prove or disprove an issue that may never arise, as far as I know the majority of Lilly's insulin products are controlled by:

Eli Lilly Nederland B.V., Papendorpseweg 83, 3528 BJ Utrecht, The Netherlands.

JF

Offline Ray1951

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2018, 13:54:59 PM »
The press (like them, love them, hate them or disbelieve them) are starting to ramp up the possibilities about lack of certain medicines, food and possible problems with flights. It can be regarded as scaremongering or just a warning of ‘possibilities’ such as the following:

Army on standby for Brexit chaos: Troops will deliver food, medicine and fuel if Britain crashes out of EU without a deal as supermarkets issue warning to stockpile essential items
Plans have been drawn up to use helicopters and trucks to deliver supplies
The revelation will provoke fresh claims from Brexiteers of 'scaremongering'
Supermarket have warned suppliers to start stockpiling fuel, food and medicine
 Brexit secretary Dominic Raab insisted there would be adequate food supplies
By JOE MIDDLETON FOR MAILONLINE
PUBLISHED: 09:09, 29 July 2018 | UPDATED: 13:22, 29 July 2018

shares
View comments
Ministers have contemplated using the army to deliver food and medical supplies if Britain crashes out of the EU with 'no deal'.

Plans have been drawn to use helicopters and army trucks to take supplies to vulnerable people outside the south east who might need medicine, according to The Sunday Times.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2018, 14:32:04 PM »
The press (like them, love them, hate them or disbelieve them) are starting to ramp up the possibilities about
~
It can be regarded as scaremongering or just a warning of ‘possibilities’ such as the following

A complete sidestep in stance from you now Ray, quoting stories that you state may or may not be true about Britain Post-Brexit.

A welcome alteration from you posting similar stories and claiming them to be factual supporting evidence of a bleak future.

Offline Ray1951

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2018, 23:47:02 PM »
I have posted excepts from the press. You’ve tried to shoot me down for scaremongering which was never my intention.  I have always accepted people’s choice to believe or disbelieve BUT it’s evident every day that things that I’ve posted in the past are becoming more prevalent in the press every day.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2018, 00:21:51 AM »
I have posted excepts from the press. You’ve tried to shoot me down for scaremongering which was never my intention. 

Sorry Ray, that simply isn't true. You have been barking "truths" from people "in the know" for a while, but here you are today claiming they are opinions that may or may not be true or accurate. Here is you simply posting "excepts" from the press a short time ago while today you "accept people's choice to believe or disbelieve":

These are factual reports, provided by politicians and people in the know.

I think you are dead in the water but carry on if you feel you have any credibility left to do so.

Offline Ray1951

« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2018, 14:35:05 PM »
You should run for PM, you fit the bill well.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2018, 17:34:49 PM »
Finally you are starting to post correct information  ;)

I’m way too honest for that but if I did, I’d stop all this Brexit nonsense on my first morning.

Offline scorcher

« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2018, 18:15:52 PM »
You've got me fretting about the EuroMillions lottery now Ray......

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2018, 10:58:25 AM »
The press (like them, love them, hate them or disbelieve them) are starting to ramp up the possibilities about lack of certain medicines, food and possible problems with flights. It can be regarded as scaremongering or just a warning of ‘possibilities’ such as the following:

Army on standby for Brexit chaos: Troops will deliver food, medicine and fuel if Britain crashes out of EU without a deal as supermarkets issue warning to stockpile essential items
Plans have been drawn up to use helicopters and trucks to deliver supplies
The revelation will provoke fresh claims from Brexiteers of 'scaremongering'
Supermarket have warned suppliers to start stockpiling fuel, food and medicine
 Brexit secretary Dominic Raab insisted there would be adequate food supplies
By JOE MIDDLETON FOR MAILONLINE
PUBLISHED: 09:09, 29 July 2018 | UPDATED: 13:22, 29 July 2018

shares
View comments
Ministers have contemplated using the army to deliver food and medical supplies if Britain crashes out of the EU with 'no deal'.

Plans have been drawn to use helicopters and army trucks to take supplies to vulnerable people outside the south east who might need medicine, according to The Sunday Times.

Project Fear on steroids (assuming we can still get them  ;)).

Can't you see that May is trying all she can to get people to swallow her Chequers Plan. She's instructed her minions to ramp up the fear factor so that we all suddenly decide she was correct all along and we either go with her plan or (when the EU reject it) we beg her for Ref2.

Unfortunately for her most of the public aren't that gullible - as she will soon find out if she dares to try and keep us in the EU by the back door.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf