Author Topic: 2018 Calendar  (Read 5902 times)

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
2018 Calendar
« on: July 20, 2017, 20:13:35 PM »
Sadly, we have been unable to secure sponsorship for the 2018 calendar, which I guess is a sign of the times with local business, & have, therefore, taken the decision that it cannot be produced. I'd like to thank everyone that submitted photos, I really enjoyed seeing them & perhaps we can use them for 2019

Offline Pi55y

Re: 2018 Calendar
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2017, 22:04:35 PM »
What a real, real shame Liz. The 3Cs were one of the first charities to produce a calendar (I think FIG may have produced one in the early years) and although I am biased I personally think that the 3Cs calendar was the best around. It also provided amateur photographers/holiday makers the opportunity to get their pictures published. It also provided good income for the charity to help the children.
As you say it is a sign of the times but it will be sadly missed this year as many people sent out a 3Cs calendar instead of a Christmas card. However I know to get such a professional calendar printed costs lots of money and takes lots of hard work and if the sponsors are not forthcoming ............

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2017, 22:10:33 PM »
Very sad to read - as well as making much needed money for the charity, it was a great publication. My daughter Robyn had her photo in it and she was so proud (she spilled a tear or two when I told her) - as Chrissie said it was great to have photos from keen amateurs who love Calis.

I have been in contact with Liz already, to see if we can help but it seems the decision has been made.

Thank you to everyone for this 3C calendar era - we have all of them as collectors items  :)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2017, 22:21:58 PM »

I have been in contact with Liz already, to see if we can help but it seems the decision has been made.

Me too.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2017, 23:08:15 PM »
Very sad.  I was pleased to have my photographs in there too.  I am sure we could have got together to donate for the printing.  However, if they have made the decision we must abide by that.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2017, 16:13:44 PM »
Ah what a shame this is, i sooo look forward to my three c's calender every year and also re the money going to the charity, feeling sad...

Offline busybee

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2017, 07:54:19 AM »
I have had a photo nearly every year in the calendar.  Sad that it has come to this.  Hopefully next year it may come to print.

Offline steveb1

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2017, 14:45:39 PM »
Do we know the cost to sponsor it on behalf of the 3Cs I'm sure we could all rally round ?

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2017, 14:48:39 PM »
Good of you to say Steve, I've already offered but the decision has been taken :(

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2017, 15:20:11 PM »
CBF calendar, all profits to one of the local charities?

JF

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf