Author Topic: Help!!  (Read 23870 times)

Offline Loujasmin

• Newly Registered
Help!!
« on: August 07, 2017, 19:05:35 PM »
Hi all, well we got here  :) loving Calis however my husband has been bitten to death by mosquitoes.
His bites have turned into awful yellow filled blisters :( we have antihistamine cream
And hydrocortisone cream but nothing is helping. Is there a pharmacy in calis and if so what are the
Opening times. It's ruining his time here so far. :( any help would be most appreciated.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Re: Help!!
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2017, 19:11:22 PM »
There is a chemist just past the dolphinless roundabout (on the left heading up Baris Manco) but I fear it may be closed now.

Fethiye chemists may stay open later

Offline Rana

• Newly Registered
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2017, 19:11:34 PM »
I use 'Off' as a preventative you can buy from şok on Bariş Manço blv. But you can by an aftercream from the pharmacist to treat bites. Sorry can't remember name but apparently good so pharmacist should have an idea.  There is one on Bariş Manço also a medical center, which might be more helpful to stop infection.  Good Luck!

Offline Lotty

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2017, 19:15:36 PM »
When my granddaughter was bitten and had a nasty reaction, we were told by a Turkish friend to ask for 'ammoniac' in the chemist. I think the  chemist opposite Migros in Fethiye might be open late?

Offline Steve A

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2017, 19:25:44 PM »
If totally stuck ask in the bar or restaurant that you are in you will find they are very helpful and may have some local knowledge

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2017, 20:00:37 PM »
It may sound daft, but a dab of toothpaste ( not the gel type ) should ease the pain and irritation of the bites.

Offline Phil

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2017, 20:25:05 PM »
Visit an Eczane and ask for FENISTIL GEL - brilliant stuff at about 10TL a tube.

Stops the itching and dries them up. Apply as often as you like.

Offline Loujasmin

• Newly Registered
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2017, 20:51:19 PM »
Thanks to all for replying, we will take on board all suggestions. We don't drive and have only been here since Saturday so not really found our bearings yet, haven't seen the dolphinless roundabout yet??
We are in a villa on sk 1040  for tonight, I may cover him in toothpaste  ;) x

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2017, 21:19:46 PM »
Can't find sokak 1040 and not sure if this will help especially if you haven't found the water taxis yet   :)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2017, 21:31:17 PM »
I had a very bad bite 13 years ago.  I saw a Doctor who told me that the bite, which had turned yellow was serious. He gave me a prescription for anti-biotics which were 1000 ml.  I took one and the next day the bite was getting better, two three days and three tablets. It was fine.  The consultation and prescription cost me £30.00.
The same tablets in the chemist where 11 TL. For a whole packet.
Once bites are infected, this can make you very ill.  Best to forget all the creams and get medical help.
I know that Chemists are not suppose to sell antibiotics  over the counter, but my advice would be go to the small Chemists opposite Migros in Fethiye. This is where all the Brits go.  The owner trained as a Doctor and is excellent. Go and see him.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf