Author Topic: One for the ladies men not allowed!  (Read 2557 times)

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
One for the ladies men not allowed!
« on: February 04, 2018, 04:58:37 AM »
 Have any of the lady members heard of or maybe tried the vSculpt for bladder weakness please? I was reading an article the other day about some awful problems re the mesh sling that is/ was used during surgury for bladder weakness and read about the vSculpt, it is quite new out last year i think it was launched, its not cheap at £300+ hence me wanting to know if anyone has tried it! Many thanks for any replies   ;)

Offline busybee

Re: One for the ladies men not allowed!
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2018, 05:27:45 AM »
Saw the tv programme recently regarding the mesh sling, those women were going thru such pain and misery. Think your best bet is to research as much as you can on the internet and get reviews from women who have used this to see, if their bladder weakness has improved. Good luck.

Offline suzyq

• Newly Registered
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2018, 09:58:29 AM »
I have never heard of vsculpt but as busy bee says I would carry out detailed research first and perhaps even wait a while if it is a new product as the problems with mesh didn’t emerge for a while. My friend had the mesh and has had no problems at all but after all the publicity I don’t think I would ever risk it. It’s an awful problem affecting many, oh the joys of being a woman.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2018, 11:09:25 AM »
I know it says ladies only, but there have been a number of recorded instances where the mesh has been used in the repair of inguinal hernias ( in the area of the groin) in men that have caused problems due to rejection.

Offline marina

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2018, 11:35:21 AM »
My daughter had a hernia after the birth of her 2nd child 3 years ago (2nd C section). This was 'repaired' some time later using a mesh insert. After quite a few problems, the repair had to be repaired! This took place last October. When they opened it up they found the mesh so deeply imbedded in her abdomen it took 5 hours of surgery to remove it and repair again, then 3 hours in recovery.  I'm sure there are thousands of people walking around with very succesful mesh inserts but, as others have said, please do a lot of research first before making a decision. Good luck   :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf