Author Topic: Huge water bill  (Read 5977 times)

Offline LEES

Re: Huge water bill
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2018, 17:53:48 PM »
Turkish friends translated and went to discuss with water board, nothing extra on the bill. Just told its om my bill, I must pay. Quite fed up, but there it is. Thanks everyone x

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2018, 18:04:27 PM »
Sorry I didn’t understand your post. Are you saying that the maintenance company haven’t paid your bills.?
If that is the case you need to warn everyone on here.. Don’t just pay without question.

Offline Daffodil2017

• Newly Registered
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2018, 19:03:59 PM »
Have you asked your property management company why it is such a high amount on your bill? They would be the first people that I approached.I would then go to the office where it was issued and ask for an explanation.Have any of your neighbours had a similar bill?

Offline LEES

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2018, 13:58:13 PM »
Our property management paid our bill on our behalf, when we saw the amount we raised merry hell with them, it seems that although the apartment was empty and no leaks had been found and mended during this time, when we insisted that they take this up with the water board, they were told that as there was no problem with the water meter, the amount was due for payment by us.

Grrrrrr

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2018, 14:13:16 PM »
Looks like you need to start looking for a new property management company then.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2018, 14:53:15 PM »
If no-one can use the water from outside and there is nothing wrong with the meter, then it's a fair assumption that it had to be used from the inside.  If there are no leaks inside the property then it suggests that the water was used by toilet, shower or kitchen sink.

Draw your own conclusions from that. 

JF

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2018, 15:55:47 PM »
Change your management company..and I agree with John..

Offline Daffodil2017

• Newly Registered
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2018, 17:32:16 PM »
Have you been able to find out if any of you neighbours in similar apartments have been billed for a large amount too?Would it be a charge for a swimming pool water supply?Could Ozlen give you some advice?

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2018, 17:44:18 PM »
Change your management company.

Aye, sounds like a change maybe called for.  I'm not for one second suggesting that your current management company is guilty of it, but its not unknown for management companies/estate agents who have keys for properties to utilise them for their own purposes.

I would test the swear filter severely if I added my OH's words when we went down to Fethiye and there were signs someone had been using the apartment in our absence.  Fortunately it was a false alarm, but if she'd managed to get a hold of the management company at the time, they'd have received a free lesson on colloquial and industrial English  :)

JF

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2018, 17:57:46 PM »
Who is the management company?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf