Author Topic: Our Holiday Review Part ONE  (Read 4180 times)

Offline Ally B

Re: Our Holiday Review Part ONE
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2018, 19:54:00 PM »
Informative post blueclad.We too paid a visit to the Lukka, it was one of these nights when neither of us knew what or where we wanted to eat, and to be honest we were a bit fed up of fancy food. We just went in for a drink till we made up our minds and ended up having egg an chips and it was bloody marvellous. We did go back again and had the Scampi which was very good. All in all good value for the money and as you said the staff are very nice, always looking to please.

Offline blueclad

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2018, 09:14:12 AM »
 ALLY B  now that we have used the Lukka for the first time we will use it again as it was so good

Offline Ally B

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2018, 13:11:54 PM »
This year is the first time we have used it for food and although you cant get all the fancy food that is served on the prom we feel it it good to have something plainer now and again.

Offline blueclad

Re: Our Holiday Review Part three
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2018, 14:40:50 PM »
Just a few more things we noted during our recent holiday.

How to make 50 TlR  in half  hour   !!  while we were in a bar ,buy a 10 TLR kids fish net  scoop up tiddlers  by the sea wall in fethiye where the 3 giant turtles are put then on a tray and sale them @ 2 for 1 TLR  for  people looking at the brilliant big turtles to feed them   one old ferry across the bay  boatman was doing this.

Packs of dogs in calis 1 pack along the front ,the larger quite nasty pack around the charcoal place duck pond taxi rank areas, something needs to be done about this menace not fair to kids and everyone else, people along the front  feeding the dogs whilst having dinner is a pain like wise the tipping of waste meals ect along the street just past the charcoal place restaurant, NOT the dustbin end but by an empty building  I must add dogs fighting all the time  for this food.

The Tuesday storm was something I have never seen in all my 73 yrs even local Turkish remarked how it just sheeted down flloding roads and properties , by evening it was gone and the sea was flat not a ripple at all  PLUS we saw with others 3 dolphins just off the beach by the mutlu hotel .

The footways on the bridge have many broken boards and a trip hazard like wise the up and ocer bridge behind the mutlu hotel has missing / split boards caused my motor bikes and scooters getting caught on the humps.

Two / three seat  three wheel scooters on the prom are a real danger it should be stopped asap ,Question is mete still the calis main man  or has he given up re calis .

Our best place to have a quiet after dinner  drink or two people watching was at the mutlu hotel bar along the front nice soft seats nice easy music and drinks cheaper than most bars , plus joesephs bar on the way to our beds.

Shame to see 3 young Turkish men and a young girl playing / singing real  good Turkish music in a little bar they have taken over nice tables / chairs table candles with very few people there each night we went past going to our hotel , a real effort being made by them playing to just a few people, yes its not in the right place between the taxis rank  and the oykun hotel  on the corner but they were so very good to hear .

Well folks that's  almost all  Except to say  walking down the road many mid afternoons  between the golden moon hotel and the  B 52  we saw meat being chopped up veg being chopped up by waiters or kitchen staff  at the rear of the meeting point and new named summer breeze out in the blazing sun and dust and throwing scraps to dogs one we saw wee on a big sack of potatoes and a split sack of onions on the ground no way was this acceptable, I tried to take photos on my phone but had a onion thrown at me  ;D to make me go away asap.. walk this way and see for yourself how scruffy this area is

OUR  biggest highlight was when HIGHLANDER   [ john ] came into the GUNISIC  to hand them their  certificate of joint third in the poll when my wife and I were there , to see their joy to get this award was just brilliant,,,,  after highlander had left  the owners and 4 other staff were hugging each other  so humble to get another award  they went on facebook and instagram to tell the world and got over 200 messages  in 1 hour back from regulars far and wide of well done you all deserve it yet again

ill say no more thanks for reading three part reviews

Offline marina

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2018, 14:49:55 PM »
Great reviews blueclad!  I'm in absolute awe of people who can recall all their highlights and lowlights during the holiday.  I can't remember a damned thing once I get home, other than, once again, I've had a wonderful time in Calis!   Time to start writing them down methinks!  ;D

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2018, 14:58:30 PM »
Just for the record, Summer Breeze is on the prom (next door to the Nil) so I suspect you are actually referring to Summer Rose, which is on the main street & not far from B52

Would you please confirm that that is so?

Offline blueclad

« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2018, 15:57:18 PM »
OOPPPS SO SORRY .a honest mistake .

I confirm that.

Its the newly named restaurant  Summer Rose

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf