Author Topic: Removals and residency  (Read 2554 times)

Offline lena

Removals and residency
« on: February 20, 2006, 18:11:10 PM »
Looking back over previous posts regarding above most say you have to have residency before you can ship things over, but some people don't have this, indeed last week some freinds met their shipment in izmir and had been to greece the day before to renew the visa, can anybody explain please as I already have my house and just need to get some things there but do not yet have residency, also do I have to surrender my passport when I apply for residency?thanks to all for the info

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
Removals and residency
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2006, 21:20:47 PM »
Unless there has been a very recent change in the regulations you do require a residency visa to import your belongings into Turkey. The customs requirements were: Original passport and original residence permit ( That is to say not copies) House deed (Notarised Copy) and Turkish Tax ID plus a notarised power of attorney if someone deals with customs on your behalf.
You will surrender your passport whilst your application is being processed. :)

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
Removals and residency
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2006, 21:26:12 PM »
See www.turkisheconomy.org.uk which is the Turkish embassy and look under buying property and it gives you details of all the necessary regulations. :)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2006, 21:26:41 PM by tribalelder »

Offline haluk

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2006, 22:14:45 PM »
a rental contract is also acceptable rather then a title deed.

Offline lena

Removals and residency
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2006, 23:08:48 PM »
Thankyou for your replies, now I am even more confused!Since I posted a shipping company has spoken to me and said that I could get my passport certified at a notary office and then take the original with me! I do have my house deeds and my tax number though so moving in the right direction. Am back in Turkey in 3 weeks time so will ask my freinds there how they have managed to get their stuff out there without a residency permit, as long as it doesn't involve a backhander I will post the answers here!!

Offline haluk

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2006, 05:56:20 AM »
Dont even think about shipping stuff without a residence permit. Your friends more then likely went under the "personal effects category" by shipping a very small amount with no furniture or electricals. Even then they took a big risk. Customs will still want the original passport.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf