Author Topic: completely fed up with dogs  (Read 15503 times)

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Re: completely fed up with dogs
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2013, 18:32:42 PM »
the law in Turkey, dogs bark

Offline Kevin Sowten

• Newly Registered
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2013, 19:02:11 PM »
Must remember to book our two in for voice box removal before we retire.
(Wouldn't want to be upsetting anyone   ;) )

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2013, 19:27:35 PM »
"If you cannot change it, then, realize it's in the same category with things like, the weather; you can't change it, so you adapt and accept it."

Hoorah !!! Common sense at last Nichola     :)

So Kevin, if, when you get to Turkey, something which you cannot change, constantly prevents you from having your normal deep sleep you will apply common sense and accept it. :-\

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2013, 19:55:27 PM »
Kevin will think very differently when he has had the experience of living full time next to a barking dog who gets set off every time you are just about to drop off asleep again, which in fairness he hasn't so doesn't actually know whether he could just accept it  ;)

Offline lissa

« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2013, 19:59:36 PM »
How can you change it? Report this to Zabita so they then fine? The dogs are then sometimes let go and out on the street, so how does this help? Or they are poisoned? I would agree that it is annoying when dogs bark but there is no easy answer. Also with break ins, I can understand the  reason for keeping a dog to ward would be thieves off. Noise is also a strange thing - I lived for many years in the UK very close to a church that rang its bells every sunday - every visitor to my house remarked on this and said,' does it not annoy you, this row?'. No it did not because I was used to it.More recently,when I stayed with my daughter in London, the noise of the ambulance, police and fire sirens, plus the traffic noise kept me awake.
I would rather have a dog, or even several, barking in Turkey than that and all associated with it!

Offline Bunnyhopper

• Newly Registered
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2013, 21:18:07 PM »
Didn't mention this in my last post, but thought you may like to consider this as the hot topic is dogs barking...

I live next door to a business which has a dog, not a guard dog mind it's kept as a pet and it's as soft as lights.  However, it does yap it's head off whenever it sees or hears another dog, so quite frequently.
The business owner doesn't live at the property though and when he goes home every night he doesn't take the dog with him.  Now that is wrong.  Have a dog by all means, but be around to look after it (and put up with the yapping).  Like someone said, your own dog waking you up is fine, you wouldn't have one otherwise.

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2013, 00:56:12 AM »
Unfortunately too many dogs here are tied up on too short leads, never taken for walks and are completely untrained so they bark at anything that moves.

It's just my opinion but I think it is highly unlikely that the Zabita are going to send around a man with chemicals to deal with barking dogs   ;)

I know it sounds improbable but it really can make a difference if you just tell yourself you will not be bothered by the noise. The more you allow something to bother you the more it will; the more you tell yourself you will not allow it to bother you it won't.

People live in places where there are all sorts of ongoing noises as Lissa mentioned above and the unless you are going to take on the owners and try and resolve the situation directly with them then far better to try and tune out the noise and refuse to let it bug you. It may not be easy and it may take time but it has to be better than getting all stressed out.

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2013, 07:06:18 AM »
"It's just my opinion but I think it is highly unlikely that the Zabita are going to send around a man with chemicals to deal with barking dogs"   
Nichola
The last thing I would want is for the Zabita to do anything to harm the dogs, they will come out, they will fine the owners and if it persists take the dogs away. The worry is where do they take them and what happens to them.

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
completely fed up with dogs
« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2013, 07:26:18 AM »
There was a case recently here where someone took a dog owner to court because their dog was barking all the time.
The Court ruled that barking is what dogs do and that the dog has the right to bark.

Offline Bunnyhopper

• Newly Registered
« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2013, 08:22:38 AM »
The barking dogs don't actually bother me.  It's the ones wandering around on their own I don't like.  They are usually ok I know but they can turn vicious esp in the Winter, as I said before.
Yep dogs bark, they are meant to and sometimes it's a lot less irritating than listening to some humans speaking!  ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf