Author Topic: Buying furniture for a new place..  (Read 2514 times)

Offline arbitro3493

• Newly Registered
Buying furniture for a new place..
« on: October 09, 2018, 06:36:48 AM »
Apologies if I’m in the wrong section here ....

I’ve seen that when people are purchasing furniture items - eg washer, fridge, air con etc from one place or furniture - sofa, bed, dining table etc people mention about asking for discount for group buys or gifts for doing big purchases.

What’s people’s experience of this? Can you expect discount and if so, what seems reasonable? Gifts?

Any advice is appreciated

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
Re: Buying furniture for a new place..
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2018, 13:06:21 PM »
Always barter the price down.. Some shops will very studiously look at a list price before giving you a "bargain price" just for you.. Ignore it and get the lowest price you can get.. Don't be embarrassed about it.. Leave if it's not what you want to pay. 

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2018, 13:35:59 PM »
Most shops have got websites these days. Have a look and tot-up the prices on the websites and then you'll know roughly what prices you'll be offered. Then you can decide before-hand what sort of discounts you're prepared to push for. It's always handy to go into a shop with the "well, so and so down the road has just offered to sell for x amount" information to hand.

Turks generally have a short-term view on economics. They'd rather take 50TL today than 75TL tomorrow and with the economy in its present state it's definitely a buyer's market for goods and services.

Offline lissa

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2018, 15:34:56 PM »
Report on Turkish TV a few days ago that white goods have increased by 58%.  Still think Eren  spot is worth a visit as Bekir is so helpful and his prices have always been competitive, also any after sales service always excellent.

Offline arbitro3493

• Newly Registered
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2018, 20:08:57 PM »
Thanks everyone will keep this in mind

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf